Review by EpicKingdom_

"Seven years later and Generals is still One of the Best!"

Seven years later and I find my self stuck here thinking. Wow, I wonder how many hours have I thrown into this game? The answer is just unimaginable. So here I am making a review for a game that is so old, nearly no one will see this. But this game deserves it for all the trips down memory lane it gave me.

Story 7 out of 10.

For a campaign that was done out of laziness, it's still fun. No more live actors and cinematic like the old days when it comes to Generals. Instead in game unit cut scenes exist and a debrief-er during loading times.

Generals takes place in the near future, with players given a choice of three factions to play on easy, medium, hard or brutal difficulty across seven missions for each faction. In Generals, the United States and China are the world's two superpowers, and are the targets of the Global Liberation Army, a large, well-organized terrorist organization, fighting as a fanatical irregular force. The United States and China are depicted as allies in the series, and frequently co-operate with each other throughout the storyline against the Global Liberation Army, which is depicted as an omnipresent, borderless organization with unclear goals beyond opposition to and expulsion of both China and the United States. The three factions are thus engaged in a war similar to that of the real-life War on Terror.

Game play 8 out of 10.

Upon release, Generals made an impact upon all fans of CNC. It set the scale for new expectations with its realistic 3D units taking the battle to any aspect. Resource gathering took a new route an supply docks were invented. One or two per base and gatherers collect the goods, once depleted gain control of others on the field. If your new to this type of game than the player must construct a base, acquire resources, build various combat and support units, and defeat their opponents. Various unit types can be constructed, ranging from infantry to vehicles and air units. The player may control the United States of America, the People's Republic of China, or the Global Liberation Army, and each side has its unique characteristics and abilities.

Skirmish mode is were you pit yourself against numerous A.I opponents. On teams, free for all etc. From east to brutal. Plenty of time will be spent here because the computer puts up a good fight and as you play gain medals for your accomplishments as you battle across dozens of maps. Another plus side is once bored of all maps there are numerous of sites that have intense custom maps to download or mods.

Online play is were I spent most of my hours. Out of all CNC games I always thought Red Alert 2 had the most fun while playing other players across the net. Until this game came. It easily took the award despite the fact that there were bugs and cheats online. The ranking system and stat tracking lets your opponents know if your here for to mess people up or just new if you know what I mean. Gain medals for online accomplishments and just relax pitting yourself with clans or as a lone wolf with up to seven other players across a mass of dozen incredible maps. The feel online is just great, you will never know what to expect considering there are so many strategy's to use or watch out for!

Sound 6 out of 10.

The sound is pretty decent and just there to hear. For whatever faction you choose there is a specific faction music that plays for it. The in game battle sounds are good enough etc.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 04/05/10

Game Release: Command & Conquer: Generals (US, 02/10/03)