Review by bballmaniac15

"This should be called Roller Coaster Tycoon 1.2"

Once I read gamespots review of this game, I couldnt believe that this game isnt much different from the first as they said so I got it and oddly enough... they were right.

Gameplay: If you played the first game you'll notice that it is exactly the same game with few changes, creating your park is still easy and give you alot of options and features to add to your park. But to me its too much like the first, even though the first game was great and fun, I was expecting more from this than just new maps. But still, the gameplay is great and really brings the feel of building and owning the park. 8/10

Graphics: Exactly the same as the first! There is no difference from the first game to this one... they look exactly the same! I am very disappointed with infrogames for not making the game better in this department. For Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, if there is one they should improve the graphics at least a little so that we can tell which game is which. 4/10

Sound: Well, it was bad before and guess what? Its still bad. The music is horrible, the way they tried to include every single theme park sound in the game is horrible, I get a headache from the sound, its that bad! 2/10

Story: Your like a Theme park owner who builds a park and tries to attract people to your park. The challenge is to earn a certain amount of money by a deadline. Nothing too special. 6/10

Replay Value: Even though its not online, it is fun to see how good of a park you can make but after a while it just gets repetitive. Let me put it like this: However long you played Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 is how long youll be playing this divided by 2. For the people who never played the first, youll enjoy this game alot. 8/10

Buy/Skip: If you have the first then skip this but if you dont have the first or are very addicted to the first then buy this game. But most people should just skip this game. Skip

Overall: Well, this is more of an expansion pack than a sequel IMO. But if I never played the first, Id love this game. So dont get me wrong, its a good game but its exactly like the first, which is cheaper and pretty much the same. 5/10

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 02/07/03, Updated 02/07/03