Review by CWhitherS741

"This is the Sequel?!"

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 – This is the sequel?!

The best selling game Roller Coaster Tycoon and its expansion packs; Corkscrew Follies and Loopy Landscapes set a standard for all Theme park games and Tycoon games to come after it. This game is open ended, meaning you can play it forever and never come to an end. The main goal though is to create the best theme park possible.

Gameplay – 9/10

I love the gameplay in this game. It’s perfect for this type a game, easy to pick up for first time players and complex enough to keep you playing for a while. You’ll have an insane amount of fun creating coasters because there are literally billions of different things you could do to change and make a coaster. The difficulty factor comes from managing your park. Hiring employees, selling and buying food, ride and entrance tickets, and the list goes on. Overall this game is addicting

Story – N/A

There is absolutely no story in this game. It’s a Simulation, you take control of the park and you’re off!

Graphics/Sound – 6/10

The graphics aren’t great, but they won’t make you poke your eyes out either. The little people are actually kind of cute… until they start puking. You can see your park from isometric view and you can go up really close to the park or view it from a distance. The sound is alright, the repetitive noises may become annoying but overall they aren’t that bad. There are many different types of music that you can choose from for your rides to play, and many of them are good.

Play Time/Replayability – 4/10

This is where the game falls flat in its face. Although this game has a scenario editor it seems unfinished because it is so limited and it won’t keep your interest long. This game also has about less than half of the scenarios that the first one and its expansion packs had each, and they aren’t even that great. You’ll find yourself wanting more or just stop playing it after awhile, that’s what I did.

Final – 6/10

I really wanted to like this game, really but I just got bored. I think that this would’ve been better if it were an expansion pack. If you are a diehard fan of the original then get it, if you’ve played the first and kind of like it, you will probably be better off with the first, and if you’ve never played the first, you’d most likely like it.

Pros –