Review by Foxy Boy

"Another gem from Chris Sawyer"

This game is unbelievable.I waited over 6 months for it,and suffice to say I was not dissapointed.Everythibg I wanted,I got,and in most case even better than I expected.
Here is my take on this excellent simulation game.

Story:9/10

You are a theme park builder and manager.Build rides,attractions,facilities and concessions,as well as paths,scenery and much more.Hire staff to keep your park clean,maintained,safe and happy,and watch your coaster creations almost come to life in brilliant color!
It's basically the same principle as the first Roller Coaster Tycoon,but with much more choice in all areas.

Gameplay:10/10

If I could go higher than 10,I would.This game is addictive.Build the ultimate coaster,or design the ultimate park.Even create your own scenario.Plus all of the theming,landscaping and staffing you wish.I could go on and on.This game truly has it all.

Graphics:9/10

The same graphics engine as the first Roller Coaster Tycoon,but with a higher resolution.A single coaster has about the same amount of frames of motion as an entire park on the first one.The menu bar at the top has been cut down in size and made transparent for a better view of your park.
Very many modifications,but still no 3D.A small price to pay for such a change for the better,wouldn't you say?

Sound:10/10

Something for everyone.You can choose music for rides anywhere from Rock to Techno to Ragtime to Oriental to Space,and MUCH inbetween.Many sounds from the first Roller Coaster Tycoon are still present in this game,making for a certain degree of nostalgia.The crowd's sound gets louder the more people there are in one area.Sounds of coasters have been slightly modified to sound smoother and more realistic on certain types.I've never been annoyed by any sound byte on this game.Very well done.

Replay value:10/10

This game will stay interesting for YEARS.The possibilities are endless,and there are so many different ways to play.No two parks are ever alike.No two coasters are ever alike.No two guests are ever alike.NOTHING is ever alike.Chris Sawyer could not have done better than this.

Overall score:10/10

Go out and buy this now.If you liked the first Roller Coaster Tycoon,this game is an absolute MUST.Truly the king of simulation games.You will not be able to put it down for quite some time.
With all of the modifications,it's wonderful even without the ability to trade scenarios online,or download new scenery objects,or design your own coaster seperate from a park,all of which this game has.It's so multi-faceted that it will never get old,which is why this game earns the highest possible rating,a solid 10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 02/27/03, Updated 02/27/03