After I run the game for awhile Indy runs so fast he is uncontrolable?

1. It looks like the game is skipping frames. It moves so fast I can't control his direction. If I restart my computer it's okay for about 10 or 15 minutes and starts goofing up again. It does this every time I run the game without fail. I have to try and play until a level is finished and restart my computer to make progress. My older computer did not do this.

User Info: Wisewoman

Wisewoman - 5 years ago

Answers

1. Right!
    Now this same problem has been bugging me for a couple of weeks now. And no help from
    the Lucas Arts site!

I bought the game second hand as I like the retro adventure games. Every time I thought I had the problem sorted it would do as /\ above! The below solution works for me I hope it does for you, If
    so please reply to thread!

Solution: I hope!!!
    The issue seems to be with Dual Core processors, when the game is run under 2 CPU affinity.
    Change the affinity by opening the Task Manager while the game is running, right click on the indy.exe
    file and set to CPU-0 (one processor only). Close task manager and return to the game.

You will have to do this each time you play the game .

Regards.....Jez

User Info: jez_milner

jez_milner - 5 years ago 0 0