Question from dyslexic-cheese

I need help with the handling.cfg file?

I go to the data folder and right click the handling.cfg file and rename it to handling.txt so i can open it. i edit all of the information i want, and close the document, saving all changes. then when i open the game, it closes when i reach the main menu. can someone please help me a little with an explanation on how to edit vehicle stats?

lakhan13 asked for clarification:

So how to change the format of txt document in to cfg document

Answers

poweraTion answered:

Have you changed the handling.txt back to handling.cfg? I forgot that once too, and had the same problem.
0 1

dyslexic-cheese answered:

I figured out how to handle it. When dealing with that file, you can open it with notepad and still keep it as a .cfg file. And yes, i did change it back to .cfg before, but it didn't change the actual format of the document. When you rename it to .txt, it changes the format to a text document, however, changing the name to .cfg doesn't changing it back to a configuration document. I opened it with notepad and it stayed as a configuration document. Thanks for your help though.
0 1

soliqin answered:

I have the same problem. in my, the game closed when i steal a car from the people inside. so, i re-install it and i never change the data in "handling.cfg"
1 0

Gladi321 answered:

But if i had changed the file that it always will open with notepad, what shall i do then? when i start up gta sa, it just go to the main screen :(
0 1

DGID4848 answered:

0 0

Which file are mods supposed to be in? Unanswered Dragongamer12
How to recover my save file? Open dh98_vmm
How do I get past Demolition man ? Open Ahmed_Faraaz
Why can't I see the names of locations in the map? Answered Creepinator234
How do I get past got protection? Unanswered zach2222001