I need help with the handling.cfg file?

1. I go to the data folder and right click the handling.cfg file and rename it to handling.txt so i can open it. i edit all of the information i want, and close the document, saving all changes. then when i open the game, it closes when i reach the main menu. can someone please help me a little with an explanation on how to edit vehicle stats?

User Info: dyslexic-cheese

dyslexic-cheese - 7 years ago
    So how to change the format of txt document in to cfg document

User Info: lakhan13

lakhan13 - 6 years ago

1. I have the same problem. in my, the game closed when i steal a car from the people inside. so, i re-install it and i never change the data in "handling.cfg"

User Info: soliqin

soliqin - 7 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Have you changed the handling.txt back to handling.cfg? I forgot that once too, and had the same problem.

User Info: poweraTion

poweraTion - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. I figured out how to handle it. When dealing with that file, you can open it with notepad and still keep it as a .cfg file. And yes, i did change it back to .cfg before, but it didn't change the actual format of the document. When you rename it to .txt, it changes the format to a text document, however, changing the name to .cfg doesn't changing it back to a configuration document. I opened it with notepad and it stayed as a configuration document. Thanks for your help though.

User Info: dyslexic-cheese

dyslexic-cheese - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. But if i had changed the file that it always will open with notepad, what shall i do then? when i start up gta sa, it just go to the main screen :(

User Info: Gladi321

Gladi321 - 7 years ago 0 1
  4. I go to the data folder and right click the handling.cfg file and rename it to handling.txt so i can open it. i edit all of the information i want, and close the document, saving all changes. then when i open the game, it closes when i reach the main menu. can someone please help me a little with an explanation on how to edit vehicle stats?

User Info: DGID4848

DGID4848 - 5 years ago 0 0