Review by Snuffy_Mccrack

"A Wonderful Game! A MUST HAVE For Any PC Gamer!"

Grand Theft Auto.... A series that brings back A LOT of memories for me. I have written this Review even after Vice City has had successors. Vice City is still the "king of the ring" when it comes to all GTA games.

The graphics are nothing to boast about but they're not horrible. The graphics are actually really nice compared to GTA III. For Grand Theft Auto these graphics are actually a breakthrough of sorts. It broke through the whole "Dark, moody, smoggy" graphics we were used to with GTA 1, 2 and III. It added a nice bright look. When it rains, you can tell it's raining. When it's sunny, it's sunny. It has everything graphical wise you could expect from a GTA game, and much more. However, the occasional graphical glitches can get annoying, but overall these shouldn't ruin your gaming experience as they happen very little. Sometimes the pedestrians can look a little choppy, as can the main characters, but that's how the GTA characters from GTA III on have looked, so, you should expect this.

The sound in Vice City is AMAZING! The music is wonderful. There are hardly any sound glitches. The radio commentary is hilarious! The music in Vice City though, is the best licensed music in ANY video game I've ever played to date. The variety of stations is great so there's something in there for everyone. The guns sound as they should, the voice acting is great! The characters sound EXACTLY as they should. The voice actors Rockstar Games chose for the characters are really well done. I couldn't have asked for better sound.

Story 9/10

The story of Vice City goes a little like this...
"Tommy Vercetti (the main character) gets sent to jail for murdering some people in Liberty City. He is released 10 years later only to be rejected by the Mob that he was sent to jail for. He is sent to Vice City with some money, to make a trade-off (money, for drugs). The deal goes bad, the people Tommy went to Vice City with were killed. He lost the money, and the Drugs. Tommy promises the Mob leader that he will return the money.
So the story is pretty straight-forward. I really like this story compared to San Andreas and GTA III. Many other things happen after he loses teh money and the drugs but I wouldn't want to ruin it for you. Vice City's story is among the best of any mobster game/movie I've ever played/watched. Moving along...

Game Play: 9/10

The controls in Vice City are exactly as they should be. The occasional glitch might mess with you mind every once and a while. Depending on the quality of your PC you might get a lag when you enter a vehicle. It usually subsides within a few seconds. The camera rarely poses a problem. The HUD is fine. A few improvements over GTA III. A HUGE improvement from the classic top-down of the original GTA games.

Overall 9/10

As far as Video Games go, this is one of the best games I've ever played. I really enjoy the GTA series so, I hope you can look past the controversy and enjoy the game for what it is. A great free-roam, mobster game.

Rent or Buy?

If your a fan of the GTA series I'd be a definite 100% buy. If your new to the GTA series or haven't played a GTA game yet, I'd rent it first.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/07/06