"Well, I don't know what to say. . . . ."

Well, just like everyone else in the world, I was caught up in the GTA hype. GTA3 was the game that everyone had been looking for forever. And I figured VC was going to deliver even more than GTA3 did. Well, it does, but it doesn't. Most of the things in VC are great, but it feels too much like GTA3, still. Let's go onto the review so you can find out why I say this. . .

The sound in the game is okay. The guns sound pretty cool, but when you fall, it doesn't sound good. The cars sound all the same, pretty much. Some might sound a TAD bit different. But each car doesn't have their own unique sound. It would had been a whole lot better if they had. The music in the game is great. You got a whole lot of music going on for you. You have Motley Crue, Ozzy, Michael Jackson, etc. All the 80's favorites.

The graphics are not really good. They've been improved somewhat from the PS2 version, but they still don't look good. Don't get me wrong, the environments are great. But the people are still blocky. And you can still see people appearing out of thin air. But let's look at the bright side of things, the cars really look good. And like I said, the environments are really beautiful.

Well, the story is just like any story from a game or movie. Tommy Vercetti (the main guy in the game) comes back to Vice City and is set up. His boss wants his money back or he's going to kill Tommy. So that's basically how the story goes throughout the game.

Now, the gameplay was amazing for GTA3, but not for VC. The gameplay is the EXACT same thing for VC. The only difference is that there is a different environment and a different character. When you're playing, you'll be shaking your head back and forth saying, ''Uh huh, GTA3.'' But, let's look at the bright side of things, there's tons to do in this game. The in-game missions most of the time isn't very hard, but they can be. I'm not exactly sure of how many in-game missions there is, but there's quite a few to do. But then besides the in-game missions, you got the side-missions. Which sometimes are really fun, or sometimes can be extremely frustrating. It's really all how you interpret difficulty. There's probably over 50 missions in all. When you don't need to do missions, you can simply drive around or shoot people. Or if you don't want to do that, there's the ambulance missions, police missions, taxi fares, fire truck missions, etc. There's a lot to do in this game!

THE FINAL SCORES
Sound - 8/10
Graphics - 5/10
Story - 9/10
Gameplay - 7/10
AVERAGE - 7.25
FINAL AVERAGE: 7/10

FINAL THOUGHTS
Well, if you played Grand Theft Auto 3 to DEATH! I'm talking, played it like a religion, then don't get Vice City. Because you've probably heard that Vice City is an expansion back to GTA3, and it's the truth. Don't get me wrong now, Vice City is still an okay game, but it feels A LOT like GTA3. Now, if you haven't played GTA3 and you're new to the series, then DO GO AND GET THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!!! GTA3 was amazing, but if you've never played a GTA game, then Vice City is RIGHT FOR YOU! So, conclusion? If you played GTA3 like you were going to die, then don't get it. If you never did play GTA3, then go and BUY THIS GAME!

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 05/22/03, Updated 05/22/03