Review by TheHidden

"A classic mugging of the bank..."

As the next game in the GTA series, this game has a lot to uphold as it had to follow a thrilling and fun-filled GTA:3. This game takes GTA:3 even further, adding new cars, better graphics, better ''interaction'' and character development, and an amazing game play idea. Even though GTA:3 was considered great, Vice City now passes this greatness into the land of amazing-ness.

Game play:
95/100

The pace of game play surpasses that of GTA:3, giving challenging missions and exciting side-quests throughout the game. Added game play vehicles such as motorcycles, helicopters, new cars, boats, and re-modeled cars from GTA:3 add speed and fun to the game. These cars blend in with all the added features left out in GTA:3, such as more weapons, cheats and missions. The game play is very amazing, even for a single player game.

Story:
91/100

As the opening cinematic suggests, you are sent from Liberty city to Vice City to do a drug deal for the Mafia. That is until every thing goes wrong. Throughout the game, you try to save your bosses behind, earning money back from doing many missions. Along with the game play, this story runs smoothly along, creating many climaxes in game play.

Graphics:
89/100

Although most people would give this game a 90/100 (9/10), I believe the graphics seemed a little outdated for its time. Although these graphics did come from the PS2, I think that Rockstar could of pushed the envelope a bit more for graphics. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are great, some of the best I've seen, but I still think they could've done better. On the upside however, the fact that they didn't completely use the graphics of tomorrow makes this game smoothly playable on any semi-decent machine.

Sound:
98/100

Ok. The voices in the game sound truly amazing. Rockstar even decided to put extreme detail on some of the minor characters, making everything sound crisp and clean. Even the radio stations sound amazing, and boy, do they ever play good music ^^.

Re-Play ability:
85/100

Although this game was truly amazing, I believe it lacked a bit of uniqueness in its missions. Playing the game again was fun, but a bit repetitive in style. Many missions follow the same lines, making you do the same thing over and over again. It was fun, but it could be better.

Overall: 90/100 (9/10)

Good game. Fun to play, extremely exciting, and an amazing, classic storyline.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/14/03, Updated 06/14/03