Review by Binteo Dios Jeu

"Be a Gangster.....80s STYLE"

We all remember the 80s, well; you should if you are playing this game. Pick up girls, kill some people, take some cars, HOW CRUEL IS THAT!? You should be ashamed of yourself for thinking such bad thoughts, but you know, who cares. Vice City is a “who cares” type of place. Do what you want, don’t let anything get in your way, and get paid for it. I see no problem with that, especially when I can do it on a game like this…80s STYLE!

Story

You finally get out of jail after serving however many years. You talk to some friends back in Liberty City (GTA3) and they tell you that they don’t want you to come around for a while, because they do not want to start any gang problems that they would have to deal with. Therefore, they give you a pile of money and send you to Vice City. Some how (can’t tell you why or I would ruin it) you lose all of the money that they give you, and they are pretty pissed. As a result, you are going to have to get it back.

Game Play

Vice City, as expected, has many options on what you can do. Taking cars and doing missions is obviously a major part of the game, but you can also just rob some stores in the mall and kill some people. There are also helicopters and planes that actually fly. There isn’t much more than that. The controls are a little hard to get used to, but adequate all the same. The controls are easier than the PS2 in my opinion. Others may disagree, but its ok for them to be wrong.

Graphics

The graphics work nicely. They don’t put the PS2 to shame as Rockstar said they would, but fine all the same. The problem with this is the same as it was with GTA3 on PC, your computer has to be a gift from the second coming of Jesus for it to run smoothly. The specs on the box are off. The recommendations work better as requirements. If you do have a nice computer, the graphics are good.

Sound

I could seriously write an entire report on just the music, so I am just going to give a summary. The music is all real 80s, not just the 80s, but the bad 80s. You know, the type of music that was incredibly 80s sounding that we are all embarrassed about, because we liked it at one time. I don’t know about you, but I still like it. I did at least burn my clothes and cut my hair. Anyway, getting back to the subject, the music in great. When my car blows up or I have switch cars, I am in a panic to get another one so I can finish my song. When Rockstar does this good on taking old music and making it good again, no one really cares about it sound effects. However, there is one thing about the sound effects that I do not like. All the sound effects are the exact same as in GTA3. What they did was just mix up what the cars sound like compared to GTA3. If that did no make sense, I’ll give you an example. There is going to be car X and car Y. X is from GTA3 and Y is VC. Car X in GTA3 would switch the exact same sound as car Y in VC. If that didn’t make sense, don’t worry about it, its not that big of a deal.

Length and Replay Value

You will be severely addicted to this game for the first couple of months, and after that, will never want to see this game again for a while. There are plenty of options for you to keep you busy.

Bottom Line

This game rocks, it is defiantly a star. That was a joke for you people, Rock+star, Rockstar…the creators of the game… Oh well, my jokes suck.

Story - 10