Review by nintendofanatic

"Here's my Crazy review of Crazy Taxi!"

Okay, enough of the bad puns. Crazy Taxi on the PC can be fun to anybody. (Note: My Midtown Madness 3 review was set against the GameCube version of Crazy Taxi, not this one.)

Graphics: 5/10 I don't know when this was released, but it sure could look a hell of a lot better. There are so many jagged edges, the character models look like Play-Dough put in a game, and don't get me started on the animation. It is so choppy, that if it was any worse, it would be nearly unplayable. But it might just be my sister's computer that runs the game. Oh yeah, there is this one thing that sometimes, the screen flashes black.

Controls: 10/10 Very easy to learn. You only need the arrow keys, A key, S key, and Enter. Controls are very responsive, even though it can some times be a pain to have to shift into reverse just to get back on track, then have to shift back into drive.

Sound: 9/10 Now the game is getting better. The crash effects are fantastic, the turn effects are okay, but did I mention the crash effects?

Story: N/A You drive in a city taking people around. If Sega was trying to make a storyline, they didn't make a very good one.

Music: 10/10 The music fits the game perfectly. It's rock'n the 21st century out of this world! If I wasn't playing, and listening to the music instead, I would dance all night!

Gameplay: 10/10 The gameplay is extremely fun! You drive around a huge city, taking people to places in your taxi! Now tell me that isn't fun.

Extras: 3/10 The weakest point of the game. Let's see, extra drivers? Nope, only 4. Extra cities? Nope, only 1. Minigames? Hell yeah! Your extras are minigames and trying to get the highest arcade score. The end.

Replyability: 10/10 This game has a lot of replayability. The ability to keep playing until you get CRAZY! Seriously though, there are different modes like, Play by Arcade Rules, Work for 3 Minutes, Work for 5 Minutes, and Work for 10 Minutes.

Pros: Great Replayability, Easy Controls, Excellent Music, Great sound, Very Fun to Play, Lots of Modes, Minigames
Cons: Bad graphics, Horrible animation, Sometimes the screen flashes black, Terrible extras limiting you to 4 drivers and one city.

Here's a little recap.
Extras:3
Replayability:10
Average of scores:7.83333333333333333333333333333333 rounded to 8

To buy or not to buy:
If you love driving games, buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 10/17/03