Review by Enda

"Championship Manager 4ever"

Well it has been a very very long wait as many of you know and from what I can see so far so good! Like many of you, the last few months were pure hell, set back after set back had me wondering if it would ever be released... But now Champ manager 4 is upon us!

Put simply, this game is brilliant, it has no equal in the football management genre, thats not because the genre is stale, its because this game is so utterly perfect, it cannot be suppased. I cant image that there is a football fan in existance who wouldnt enjoy this game, it has everything a fan could ever need.

The main change to the gameplay in this addition to the series is the 2D match engine, which is a great addition as you can actually see your tactics being implemented. scoring a goal is now an infinately satisfying experience, seeing your team put together a string of passes and then the ball to be slotted home is such a great feeling!

Another new addition to the gameplay is the new training options. for the more casual manager there is the option of assigning this task to your assistant, but for the more hands on manager, you can tweak all the training yourself to truely get the best from your men.

Also, there has been yet more players added to the already extremely impressive database. There are now over 200,000 players and staff from 39 different countries. You really have the world at your fingertips.

This game is the most utterly addictive game there is, hours can wasted away without you even noticing, for example the day I got the game, I was playing for nearly 10 hours strait and it seemed like about half an hour! there is so much to do, transfers to complete, tactics to set, training to be done there is no wonder this game can occupy so much time.

I would recommend this game to anyone that can stomach it, this game truly does put a strain on your emotions, can you stand the fact that you may lose the lead with seconds to go? can you control yourself when your team scores the winner in the final second? can you stop yourself from being sacked when the fans are calling for your resignation? can you....?

Anyway, I must leave you now, my team needs me....

Overall:

Gamplay-10
Life span-9