Why can't I hear the music?

1. I have the "Monkey Madness CD" and am trying to run Monkey Island 2. The problem is that I cannot hear the music. I checked my volume settings on the computer and it works fine, I can hear the sound effects throughout the game so far, but I cannot hear the music. Can anybody help me out here?

User Info: Jedifro

Jedifro - 7 years ago

Answers

1. I'm not familiarised with that CD edition but it might be a problem with compatibility. These games are very old and give problems when running them in newer PCs. I myself didn't hear a thing when playing the first two.

You could try installing ScummVM. It's a sort of emulator for old PC games, specially graphic adventures. It also includes a lot of options to enhance the game; like filters, subtitles' speed, etc. When installed you have to add the game you wish selecting the folder where the game is installed.

User Info: n0b0d1

n0b0d1 - 7 years ago 1 1
  2. Also try right-clicking on the icon for Monkey Island 2. Go to properties, then to compatibility. Tweak these settings until the one you would like is achieved.

User Info: brawlfanboy9

brawlfanboy9 - 5 years ago 0 0

Question Status
What is the meaning of the ending? Unresolved