Review by soccerboy105

"An Awesome Free Game!"

Intro
-----
The one reason that I tried this game out was because it was on my computer. I don't really know if I would have ever played this game if I hadn't found it one day will going through the asscessories. I found out rather quickly that this wasn't a game for someone who didn't have patients because it can become rather challenging at times.

----------
Difficulty ~ 4/10, 6/10, 9/10
----------
This game is rather difficult. There are three different levels in this game. There is an easy level, an intermediate level, and a hard level. The difference between the three levels is that the board gets larger and the number of mines in the board increases. It can become challenging at times.

The one thing that I disagree with that most people think about this game is that it is a game of luck. This game is not a game of luck. This is a game of skill by far. Once you have some space cleared away then just look at the numbers and look for numbers that only touch one square. You can easily win by just thinking through it.

And just in case you are wondering why I have three numbers for difficulty it is because the easy level is not that hard but as you get higher up the game gets progressively harder. It can be as hard or as easy as you want to make it if you decide to make a custom board. So the final decision is up to you.

Sound ~ 0/10
-----
There isn't a nice way to say this but there isn't any sound in this game at all. I hope that you weren't expecting a game that had all kinds of awesome sound effects because you are not going to get that in this game. The only way that you are going to be able to have sound is if you turn on your radio or if you but a cd into your computer and listen to some music.

--------
Graphics ~ 6/10
--------
The graphics in this game aren't really the thing that you play this game for. The only graphics in the game are squares, a smiley face, flags, bombs, and numbers.

The reason that I didn't give the graphics a really bad score was because you don't play this game so that you can be amazed at the graphic quality of the game. You play it so that you can get a nice challenge.

What kind of graphic content would you expect from a game that is on ever computer that has Windows. They wouldn't want the game to take up to much room.

Control ~ 20/10
-------
The control in this game is marvelous. You use the mouse to click on squares. The control is so easy that all you have to know is how to click a button on the mouse and you can play this game to your heart's content. There isn't anything that could be changed about the control to make it any better because you use a mouse for all kinds of other things so it is natural to use the mouse for this game as well.

Replay Value ~ 10/10
------------
The reason that I gave this game a perfect score in the replay value is because it every time that you play this game it has a different grid. The mines will never be placed in the same place twice in a row. So basically this means that you could play this game until you died and you would never have the exact same grid.

Even if you get tired of playing the three levels then you could make a custom grid and play it. So this game has endless possibilies when it comes to how many grids there are in this game.

-------------
Pros and Cons
-------------
Pros
- A nice little smiley face
- It has endless possible games
- Challenging
- It comes with Windows
- The control is outstanding

Cons
- No Sound
- It Doesn't have the best graphics
- Can be frustrating sometimes

-------
Closing
-------
Even though most people don't like this game because it is rather challenging, I personally think that it is a good game. Even though it may not have the best graphics it still is good. It is free so it can't be that bad. It really makes you work you brain which is a good thing if you are out of school like I am.

Points Recap
Difficulty - 7/10
Sound - 0/10
Graphics - 6/10
Control - 20/10
Replay Value - 10/10
---------------------
Final Score - 10/10

Have fun playing this challenging game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/29/01, Updated 05/29/01