"Where is that five of spades..."

For some reason, I just had this strange urge to review Solitaire. Ah well...

Gameplay: 10

If you don't know how to play Solitaire, then the game wouldn't be much fun, now would it? In case you don't, Solitaire is a card game...I advise you take notes. Anyway, you have seven rows of cards. The first row has one card face up, the second row has one card face down and one card face up, the third row has two cards face down and one card face up, etc. The remaining cards are in a pile. The object of the game is to get four piles, each with Ace-King of the same suit, without skipping a card. To do this, you have to put some cards on others, in backwards numerical order, and in alternating colors. An example would be red 5, black 4, red 3, black 2. Only Kings can occupy an empty space. By doing this rearranging, you can eventually finish the game...or you can get stuck midway, which is common. You could even make it more challenging by setting it to Vegas mode, which doesn't let you go back to your deck after you go through it once. Oh ho ho... And you know what's really cool? When you complete the game, the cards start bouncing around. This is much more enjoyable with a slower computer, however.

Sound/Music: N/A

Now that I have finished with my extra-long Gameplay section, I'm ready to talk about the sound and music...OK, there are none. Sorry.

Graphics: 10

Well, if you're talking about how well the cards look, then there's great graphics. You can easily recognize what card you're looking at. It would be pretty stupid if they made an entire Solitaire game with bad graphics. Also, you can change the pictures on the back of the deck. That one picture with the hand with three Aces may just have an Ace up his sleave...literally!

Story: N/A

If you want a story, make up your own. OK, I've got one! Let's say that this one guy has to beat the other guy at Solitaire or he'll get executed, and HE NEEDS YOUR HELP! How's that?

Replayability: 10

This is probably one card game you'll never get tired of, so go ahead and play it again and again...I sure have.

Overall: 10

99% of computers already came with Solitaire ready, so you should definately try it out if you haven't already. It sure beats using a real deck of cards, knowing that you're playing without a full deck...oh, and a few cards are missing as well.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/05/02, Updated 03/05/02