Review by Soule

"Don't pass this up."

There are many reasons to give this game a chance. Just read my review and get this game. It has become my favorite game of all time from the first time I beat it. That's saying a lot since I rarely enjoy platform games.

Graphics 7 of 10
The graphics were killer at the time. They still aren't bad today. The animation, I think, is fantastic. It's one of the more appealing parts of the game. The graphics resemble Prince of Persia.

Sound 10 of 10
It's true, there is no music. But that really adds to the effect of the game. It makes the player feel alone and lost just as the character is. The sound, however, is incredible, even to this day. The alien people yell at you in their alien language, lasers blast, bones crunch. But the best part of the game, in my opinion, and of any game for that matter is when the beast roars at you. It sounds great and it's just plain cool.

Controls 8 of 10
The controls are just fine. Every once in a while you wish it was more precise, like in heated gun battles, but there's really no big problems.

Gameplay 10 of 10
The most excellent part of the game. You have to run from a beast, escape from a cage, and battle scores of alien soldiers. Your moves consist of firing standard lasers, creating a laser shield, and a super powerful charged blast. While imprisoned, you befriend an alien slave who helps you throughout the game. And there's no health meter in this game. If you get shot, you're toast. Sometimes you even have to cover your alien comrade so he doesn't get shot. There are so many things to do such as crawling through vents, swimming underwater, even controlling an alien tank.

Story 8 of 10
The story starts off in a lab where your character is working on some sort of project and is hit by lightning sending him into another world. This game really isn't about storyline, but you control everything the character does in this new world so the game basically is the story.

Difficulty High
This is the only reason people do not like this game. Some parts can be difficult to pull off (that's why there's infinite continues) and the puzzles can be a MOTHER to figure out. Me and my friend were stuck on the second level for like a year until another friend of ours showed us how to beat it. Now I can beat it easily in less than an hour. In other words, a walkthrough is highly recommended or those tricky parts.

Replay Value Varies
Although there's nothing new to find the second time through (except maybe a new way to die), this is one of those games that I just enjoy playing all the time because it's fun. I have it on a disk wherever I go. It's been several years since I first played this game and I find myself playing it still. If you're not that type of person, however, the replay value is probably zero.

Yea or Nay?
Get this game, take a look at a walkthrough if you have trouble beating something, and I can almost guarantee you will like it.
If you're looking for a compelling storyline, play Final Fantasy 3/6j. If you're looking for incredible gameplay, play Out of this World.
In other words, Yea.