Review by Spitball Sparky

"I never owned a Sega Genesis, but I played some of the great Sonic games with this little CD"

I never owned the Sega Genesis. But I am quite a big fan of Sonic the Hedgehog. If you are in the same situation as me, then try this little CD. This CD will let you see and control Sonic, Tails and Knuckles in all of their glory. For those of you who a bit confused on how the whole Sonic and Knuckles cartridge worked, I'll try to clear this up the best I can. From what I understand, Sonic and Knuckles was a game for the Genesis that let you attach Sonic 1,2 & 3 to it. When you did this, you got to play as Knuckles in the game that you attached to Sonic and Knuckles. Anyway, back to the point.

Story-9/10: I'm not quite sure what the story is. From what I understand, Dr. Robotnick (Eggman) tricked Knuckles that Sonic was evil or something like that. So Knuckles made Sonic's adventure a whole lot harder by doing things that make the going harder for Sonic.

Control-7/10: I highly suggest a joystick or some type of a game controller for this game. If you can't get one, just play with the keyboard.

Video/Audio-10/10: No spiffed up graphics here. They are just the same as the original. Same with the sound. I for one like the fact that the audio/video is the same as the original.

Replay Value-10/10: You won't get board with this game. I grantee. There are three games on the CD, so you will have a challenge if you want to beat them all. You can also play 2 player (in some games) if you select Sonic and Tails as your character. Playing with a friend makes hard parts of the game a little easier.

Overall-9/10: If you like Sonic and you want a challenge, then pick this up and give it a try. You'll have lots fun. I know I did. You can probably still find it at a Wall*Mart or Target for about fifteen dollars. So pick up a copy. Have fun! You'll like it.

Features: The CD comes with a few extra features that make your computer desktop a little more fun. It comes with a screensaver and a few icons that you can use on your desktop or some of your other programs that have boring icons. There may be more. I didn't take that much time to look. I could not get the screensaver to work, but maybe you can.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/23/02, Updated 07/23/02