Review by peach freak

"A good game made it to the PC!"

Before I start, I'm reminding you that this is covering Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I played this at my cousin's house, and I was impressed with this game.

Story
After the Death Egg scene from Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic and Tails took their plane to the Floating Island. About half way there, Sonic turns into Super Sonic and heads for the island. When Sonic reaches the ground, Knuckles pops out of the ground and steals all of Sonic's 7 emeralds, bringing them to Dr. Robotnik. While this is happening, Robotnik is turning harmless little animals into robots.

A little chopped down and ''jerky'' in this version, but still pretty good. The graphics are still colorful and easy to see. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles have been designed well, and so have most of the enemies. The backgrounds have been designed well, and most other objects in this game too. Also, the special stages have an awesome design too, they also have neat colors.

A port with the classic gameplay. You travel through 12/13/14 levels, trying to obtain the stolen Chaos Emeralds. If you do collect all the Chaos Emeralds, you can be Super Sonic or Knuckles before level 7. In Level 7, you can collect the Super Emeralds, and if you collect all of them (you nee the Chaos Emeralds first), you can be Hyper Sonic, Hyper Knuckles, or Super Tails. To obtain the emeralds, you need to play the Special Stages behind giant rings, collecting the Blue Spheres while avoiding the Red Spheres, and in normal gameplay, playing as Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles, destroying Robotnik's machines.

Controls: 4/10
The controls are very hard to use in this game. In the special stages, it's very hard to control yourself if this is your first time. In gameplay, it's not too hard.

Sound Effects: 7/10
Pretty good sound effects, the same old ones. The jump sound, getting hit, hitting an enemy, hitting Robotnik, and everything else is still the same.

Music: 9/10
Most levels have new music now, and they sound good. All other levels that kept their music still sound the same and all around good, like Lava Reef, which has awesome music.

Replayability: 7/10
The only reason I see playing this game again is to try Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles, explore different areas, or use a different character. But if you are a beginner, you should try replaying this game again, to get better.

Rent or Buy?
I would suggest you to go out and get this game, this game is awesome. If you've never played a Sonic game before, go out and rent Sonic Mega Collection for the GameCube (if you have one), or try out other Sonic games for other systems. So like I said, this game is worth a buy.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 07/22/03, Updated 11/09/03