Review by Allstories

"One of the world's best movie makers!"

Intro:
I think this was one of the best games I've ever played on my PC. I've had it for a few years and recently I've realized how great a program this is. Basically, you make movies and you can display them on the internet. That's a good way to show how good you are with this program.

Graphics: 8/10- Fairly good. The game's dated a bit, so it's not stunning, nevertheless, it gets the job done.

Framerate: 6/10- The framerate is kinda...bad. The framerate might affect your movie. As it gets really slow in scenes with a lot of props.

Gameplay: 9/10- You'll find yourself playing until you strain your eyes as soon as you start with this game. Unless you run out of ideas really fast, you'll play this game forever...

Replay Value: N/A-You'll play this game forever. There's really no 'end' to this program.

Actor Summary: There are some really crappy actors out there. There are guys with huge lips, ones with funky haridos, and ones with huge bodies. It's difficult to make serious movies with such goofy actors.

Prop Summary: Some of the props are useless, such as the cartoony looking spaceship, and some are REQUIRED to make a good movie. Like the spheres, or the cubes.

3D Word Summary: The 3d Words are lifesavers for making good movies. In fact, they make better props than headings. You can reshape them, make props out of them. These come in handy.

Music Summary: Okay...the music for this wasn't very spectacular. When making a movie, you're better off uploading sounds from your hard drive.

Scenes Summary: The default scenes aren't spectacular. Sometimes a japanese city, a cave, and a jungle aren't always what you need for a scene. You'll usually have to take a blank screen and start from scratch.

Good Points:
1. You can make all kinds of movies ranging from Drama to Comedy.
2. You can share your movies over the Internet as well as download your own.

Lousy Points:
1.The framerate is kinda crappy and slow-motion scenes are almost not worth it.
2. Microsoft didn't expect us to achieve what we have achieved with this program. They assumed that we'd just make movies where people drive stubby cars really slowly and have fight scenes where people take turns kicking eachother, getting up, and fainting. So basically, a really breathtaking movie is difficult.

Overall: 9/10- Probably Microsoft's best game ever, this is worth buying if you can find it. Your best bet on finding this game is to buy it online. But just in case, you might want to download the demo. Just to see if you like it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/28/01, Updated 12/28/01