Review by chris 64

"One Addictive Game"

Dangerous Dave is a 2D platformer that was made in the late 1980's by John Romero, and to this day I still occasionally play this game. It is rare to find, but not impossible. Anyway, to the review.

Back in the day when this game was made it had good graphics. Unfortunately, now the graphics are extremely outdated and just are about 20 different colors but you can easily make out what is what.

Story/Plot: not counted

There wasn't any story in this game so I am not going to count it in the review.

The best aspect of the game. It is very easy in the first couple of levels then when you reach about level 5 you will notice it getting tougher and tougher. Basically you have to collect a trophy to open the door at the end of a level, along the way you will pick up a gun, a jet pack, and fight different kids of enemies. There are 10 level that will last you a while trying to beat them all and once you do you just want to play again. Very fun game for all ages.

Controls: 10/10

Not much to say about the controls except that they were very easy to use and would have no problems with them. It is the basic scheme control which is up arrow=jump left and right arrows=walking left and right and control was shoot the gun(which you had to pick up) and alt was to turn on/off the jet pack(which you also had to pick up)

Actually the sound wasn't that bad. Unlike games like Hugo this game had more than just beeps and bloops. when you died it made a explosion sound and when you turned on your jet pack it made a fiery sound. Extremely outdated for todays standards but great back then.

Multiplayer/CO-Op: not counted

There was no multiplayer or CO-OP which would have been a nice feature to put in the game. So I will not score this category.

Conclusion

For its time this was a very good platform game that would just keep you wanting to play more. I loved this game and you will too. The only problem is that it is extremely hard to find. Luckily I picked up a free demo disk and I found it on there. So if you ever come across the title Dangerous Dave give it a try, you won't be disapointed.

Final Score: 9/10 (NOT AN AVERAGE)

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 02/18/04