"The best H-game ever"

True Love is the greatest H-game (adult hentai game) that I have ever played. Out of all (or most, at least) the other H-games, True Love is most like an actual game.

Story: You are a college student who is looking for someone to spend the rest of his life with (it may not seem like that at first, but he is). There are ten lucky ladies to choose from, but the question is, will they choose you?

Graphics: The graphics are excellent. Each character has multiple facial expressions which lets you know when they're upset or pissed off at you (or happy if you're doing something right). The H-scenes are well done (for the most part). The backgrounds are very cool looking and look like a lot of work was put into them. The little SD character that represents you while you're doing menial tasks (such as working out and painting) looks really cool. I like watching him study because he'll have a little thought bubble over his head with letters and math equations in it. Then the letters jumble up in his head and he gets an angry look on his face. Of course, he then gets a light bulb (signifying that he figured it out) and goes back to studying.

Gameplay: This is the best part of the game in my opinion. You have a list of statistics (appearance, scholarship, artistic ability, etc...) and these stats determine how much girls will pay attention to you (or if they will at all). Every day you have a potential list of activities that you may choose from. On days that you have college, that will be your morning activity because you cannot skip school (nor would you want to, most of the girls are at school). Each activity (except college) will increase the stat that relates to it. Art learning will increase your artistic skills and studying will increase your scholarship. You have three game months to find the girl of your dreams and propose to her. The gameplay is so much fun that it could have totally left out the whole ''pick up girls'' thing, and made the game about nearly anything else, and it would have been fine.

Sound: The sound in this game is really good. For some reason, I still can't get the opening theme out of my head. Each girl has their own theme (some of which are only subtly different from the others) and it really adds variety to the game.

Difficulty: Some of the women are easier to get with than others. Sometimes it's a matter of your stats, other times it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. That is where the game gets a little difficult. A lot of trial and error is required to get Ryoko to notice you (I had to use a walkthrough).

Should I buy this game? If you can find this game, I highly recommend buying it. Being an adult game, you likely won't find it in your local game store, but you can try looking online.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/22/02, Updated 01/22/02