Review by NightBlade2387

"The most fun you'll have with an H-game with your pants on!"

All right, I admit it. I got this game for the sole purpose of the H-stuff. And I'm not embarrassed. Okay, maybe a little. But the point here is, I was one surprised young man when I found myself, hours later, neck-deep in one of the most entertaining games I have ever played, period.

True Love is strong in every aspect, and if you play it for the H, you got H. If you play it for fun, you got fun. I was at first apprehensive of the menu-based game play, but the sheer interactivity and deep (to a point) storyline made up for it. The story is your average cutsie anime/hentai. You are a young man in college and it is your duty to court (and hopefully lay) several young ladies who are all in love with you. If only real life were like this.

Each character is nicely formulated with their own personalities and attitudes. And best of all, they all want you big time. I repeat, if only real life were like this. Every girl has her own mannerisms and...sizes (hee hee). You can choose Mikae, your tomboyish childhood friend. Or you can pick Miss Yumi, your buxom teacher. So many women to pick from, so little time. With lush animations and excellent selection, you really want to work hard to get these girls in the sack. And trust me, for some of them, you either need to work your butt off, or be very very lucky.

Unlike many other hentai games, this is not a straightforward story with your only choices are in the bottom dialogue box. In True Love, you wake up every morning, and choose your pattern for the day. If you want to court the sickly yet lovely and artistic Miyuki, you'll want to do all the ''Art Learning'' you can after school. If you want the super-athlete Chiemi, you're going to have to do ''Sports'' daily. All the choices and randomness of things are excellent to pass the time.

True Love has a very lovable story as well. It has subtle little quirks that anime fans will recognize and has entertaining dialogue and oftentimes hilarious situations that won't fail to bring a smile to your face. If you're like me, you're the hopeless romantic type who couldn't get a date if his life depended on it. True Love has plenty of moments that are truly romantic and beautiful and I'm not even talking about the ''lay'' scenes which are beautifully drawn and excellent. Call me a perv if you want, but it's true. Bottom line is: If you want a great dating sim, this is it. If you want some good...bedtime material, this is great. If you want to have a great time playing a game, True Love is for you.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/06/03