Review by Sam Walker

"Don't Make the Mistake I did!"

Jungle Legend is a game that starts strong.... for about two seconds. Or at least until your first fight,whichever one comes first. But seriously, this game is not even worth the cheapo price tag, as tempting as it may seem. The reason I bought it was that I was nearly broke, at Wal Mart, and wanted a game. Unfortunately, I did not get what I wanted when I got this. Looking like a nice tomb raider style game ( one of my favorite games) and the graphics looked pretty decent for an unknown game, I thought I was in for a treat. Read on, I wasn't.

Gameplay-2

What a mess. Played in the first-person view, your character has to be navigated around jungles and temples like in indiana jones. You have an arsenal( a small arsenal!) of weapons and must kill all those cute death-bringing dinosaurs and leopards. It sounds good, doesn't it? Well, if the game had made all these points stronger than they were, it would be great. First of all, the run in this game is slower than most game's walks. When you are surrounded by enemies that move hundreds of times faster than you, that is a problem. Second, combat is slow and very boring due to the fact that some animals are weak and easy to kill (cough, monkeys) and some are insanely hard that cannot be killed. Your weapons are boring, plus the puzzles and traps are terrible. Wait for the boulder to roll, flip the switch that opens the door, and get out of the way before the next sssllllooooowwwww boulder comes. Slow is a key word to this game.

Graphics: 6

Okay, that isn't so bad,and in truth they really aren't. While we aren't talking final fantasy here, there are some points where I found it enjoyable to just look out over a beautiful pond from my tree perch and watch the crocodiles swim. Then I was tripped up by the bad control scheme and fell to my death. But still, I found the graphics on the animals also to be pretty good compared to the rest of the game.

Control: 1

Ugghh... I can't even begin to express the troubles I had with the controls. Many times I found my hands tangled up over the keyboard due to the space between the buttons. I couldn't stand it. Buttons responded slow, my character had odd movement, all the gripes you could think of are here.Plus, the mouse is horrible with this.

Story: 1

None whatsoever. All you need to know is right there in the skimpy manual. You have to protect the jungle from a disease by going on a long pointless journey. Interesting thing is, you save the jungle by killing the animals. Real smart.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 01/25/02, Updated 01/25/02