Review by Geek of Doom

"A truly wonderful game"

This game is not like Roller Coaster Tycoon or Sim Theme Park. It's only centered around building the most insane, crazy, and fast roller coasters that you could think of. You don't let guests in to the park. The only guest is YOU! You build coasters, than choose your seat and ride them to your heart's content.

Wow. This game is BEAUTIFUL. There's amazing lighting from the moon and as you look to the sky, the sky is tinted to your liking. It could be a light red, as if near sunset. Or, if you'd rather, you can make it a darker color for interesting night rides on your coaster. When you ride your coaster, the queue lines, the rails on the coaster, the seats, heck, even the operator's stand (you know, that little seat the dude that operates the ride sits it?) are amazingly detailed.

Controls: 10/10

They couldn't be better. The menus are nice and easy to work through. There is a little picture for each ride piece so you know what you're getting before you mess it up horribly. There's not much to say about the controls except they are great.

Nice and simple. Just how I like it. The point is to build a great theme park with crazy coasters. It's so in depth with it's 6 types of coasters, that it's not funny. You can build paths from ride to ride so you can walk from ride to ride, making it more realistic than magically teleporting around to different rides. You can also add trees, lights, and a lot more to the paths to make it feel even more like a real theme park.

Replay: 10/10

I wish I could give it more than a 10, because this game would earn it. The great part is that there's no way to win, so it has unlimited replay value. You can create tons of coasters. You have six types of coasters to work from, and you'll always try to make your coasters bigger and better. I got this game 8 months ago and am not bored of it yet.

Final Thoughts:

This game is worth buying. Go out and find it. If you liked the coaster building of Roller Coaster Tycoon, you'll love this game, because all you do is build coasters! This is one of the best simulation games I've ever played and still holds a spot in my top five favorite games of all time. Try this game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/07/03