Review by SithlordSideous

"Hail Caesar!"

Rome Total War is in my opinion one of the best real time strategy games ever and if you like real time strategy then stop reading this review and go out and buy it now and if not then read on so I can try and change your mind. In Rome Total War you can control many different armies in the 3rd century B.C. like Carthage, Greece, and one of the 3 Roman factions. You start out on a giant map of Europe, North Africa, and West Asia where you do city managing, building armies and moving your troops to engage other armies and attack cities. Once you lay siege to a city you build siege equipment and the next turn you can either attack or starve the city out. For me personally I just attack because I'm not very patient. Then once in attack mode you get to listen to your general or captains speech to the troops where he might even give you some battle advice. The battles themselves are large and epic in scale with hundreds and thousands of troops on the battlefield at the same time and the battle doesn't end until you rout or kill the enemy. The battles are even better because each faction has their own technology tree and unique units so strategies will change from battle to battle.

Game play: 10

This easily gets a 10 because the battles are so fun and large in scale that I could just play it all day. Also the battles are even more fun because some factions can use elephants and once you have those it is going to take a lot of men to bring it down. And it's really fun when you are on the world map plotting what cities you are going to take over and who you are going to ally with. Plus there isn't any resource management like in other real time strategy games which is great since that is so boring.

Graphics: 10

The graphics are really good which is surprising because their are so many men on the battlefield at the same time and they all look pretty real.

Replayability: 10

This game has a ton of replayability, I just play it on and off all day. It never gets old running through a formation of men with a whole bunch of calvary or elephants.

Rent or Buy?

It's a PC game so you can't rent it, only buy and I say buy and if you are still reading then what are you waiting for? Go buy it now.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/28/05