Review by MoNkEyZzZzey

"The expansion pack worth purchasing"

Introduction

Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. If you have played Starcraft, or Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, then this game will be easily recognize. Warcraft III: Frozen Throne is the expansion pack to the previous Warcraft game, known as Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. So before buying this amazing piece, buy the previous game first, or else it is un-playable. Warcraft III: Frozen Throne is an amazing RTS game, which is popular amoung the world. This expansion pack includes many new features, units, and structures. There is a plot in the game, and can keep you occupied for hours if you put effort into gameplay. So now, ON THE THE REVIEW!

Now there are harsh reviews out there who state that the gameplay is horrible. They are WRONG! The game consists on 2 modes. Single player, and the oh-so popular Battle.Net mode. We'll get into Battle.Net into details later, but for now, this is where the single player gameplay takes place.

The game consists on 4 races. The Humans, The Night Elfs, The Orcs, and The Undeads. Each race has a different set of structures and units based on their theme. Each race has pros and cons, but they can be easily mastered if played with effort, and with experience.

Now the game is a RTS game. Which means you have to construct buildings, train units, and advance onto war with the opposing force. It might sound boring, but there's a lot of strategy and tactics must be put onto the game to succeed in victory. Trying to succeed in victory using mental strategy would keep you occupied for atleast more than 30 minutes. Or even hours! But after a while. You might get frustrated and just end up using cheats to end it. That is a flaw in the game, it'll end up dull and boring.

I give the Gameplay score a 9/10 because of Battle.Net. But without it, I'd give the Gameplay score a 6/10.

I have to say. The graphics are pretty amazing. The units and structures have fine detail, it's really smooth, and I don't know. It's just amazing. Comparing Warcraft III: Frozen Throne graphics to Starcraft, Warcraft wins. The movement is really realistic and such. However. If you somehow manage to zoom in on the units, they don't look as detailed as much as you would see them as God would see them. Because mainly, you're viewing everything from the sky, and they would look as neat as ever. Aside from that, the graphics are great. They could be better, but the graphics qualify to be scored, an 8 out of 10.

What can I say. The sounds are just fascinating. The voice casts of the units are just hilarious and well performed. The sounds of the structures sounds great as well. Now when I say that the voice casts of the units are hilarious, I mean that when you constantly click on them, they'll start to say something totally unexpected. That's what I find hilarious, something fully out of your mind. The backround music can be quite catchy. But it just plays over and over again. Sure theres different tracks of it, but it gets quite dull. The tracks differs from what race you choose. Each track has it's own theme for that race.

I gotta admit. Warcraft III:Frozen Throne sound effects and such really amazed me. Though you might not agree with me, this is just my opinion. The sounds are GREAT! So I hereby give the score for sounds. A 10 out of 10. 10/10.

Plot: 8/10

Now there is in fact, a plot on this game. This game itself is a expansion pack, so the story continues off from where the previous game, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos left off. The plot's main protagonist is a Undead knight, who seeks vengeance and the Frozen Throne. I won't go into detail as it might spoil. I'm sorry.

The story has 4 chapters. Each chapter represents a race and what happens to each race. The story plot is really interesting. But it can take a long time to complete. Couple of hours to be exact. The story can be highly frustrating, and you might as well just quit it and just play a normal game instead of the insane story.

Besides that, I give the plot a 8 out of 10.

Battle.Net: 10/10

Remember what I said about Battle.Net? Well now is the time to describe it. Battle.Net requires internet connection, and a account. Which can be created for free, so there's nothing to worry about. Once you login into Battle.Net. You can chat with other players, join a game, create a game, join ladder tournaments, or play custom games. Of course, you are playing with other players, so their tactics could be different than the Computer tactics when you play in single player.

When you try to join a normal game, all you do is wait until the service finds a player for you. Once the service finds a player, you will advance into the game, and wait for the game to load, like a single player game. Now whether you lose or not, you're score reflects on your profile. Your profile prompts how many times you lost and won, and can calculate your win percent ratio. For every game you win, you will get experience into your level bar. The more you level, the more professional you will look, and you can change your icon into something else. There are a lot of professional players out there, so be ready when you play against a player.

Custom games are made up maps and games. Now when I say that, I mean that this isn't your normal "Construct and advance to war" stuff, I mean the entire gameplay can be different. Tower defence for one. You construct towers and you kill any units that walks their way to the end of the road. If a unit gets to the other side, you'll lose a point. There are a lot of different tower defences out there, and they're all different. There are other games as well. Many other fun games to play that can be really fun. I find Custom games to be more fun than the original single player games.

You can also join a certain clan, or make friends as well. A clan consists on 4 ranks. Chieftain, Shamans, Grunts, and Peons. The Chieftain is the creator of the clan, Shaman is the highest rank anyone other than the creator can be. The Shaman can invite other players into the clan, or kick players in the clan out. Grunts are basically just normal members of the clan. Nothing special about that. And lastly, Peons are just like Grunts. Nothing special, just a lower rank for other clan members to mess with.

Battle.Net is just simply amazing. I hereby give the score for this, a 10 out of 10. Bravo!

Community: 4:10

Okay, this is really horrible. I don't mean to offend anyone, but the majority of the players out there, are horrible. They either demand you to start the game unfairly, threaten you, act like a total jerk, or just whine whenever he/she loses, or just beg out of their minds for resources. This is just ridiculous. Most of the time, Singaporeans might join your game room, and talks differently. Such as "start lah game stupid guy lah" or " nub lah pro me lah". I'd give ANYONE a cookie who understands that. I mean, sure it can be really understandable, but it can just be really insulting. I mean seriously, they point out the obvious by calling someone a "noob". Noob or not, we'll all get better at some point, and they'll regret it.

There are also great players out there, who can make good friends and such. It warms my heart to see a nice person out there. I really wish there were more intelligent players out there who doesn't insult people. That would be just amazing. But sadly, my wish has been crushed. Since people out there just insult people, when they know they can't do it in real life. Only behind a computer screen. That's just sad. I'm just glad theres a blocking command.

I'm afraid to say this, but I give the community score, a 4 out of 10. Sad indeed...

Conclusion

Warcraft III: Frozen Throne is a expansion pack for the previous game, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. If you don't have that game, this game would be completely worthless as you can't play it. The gameplay is great, I'm really surprised by it. The graphics are indeed amazing. The sound is just perfect. I can't expect more. The plot can be really frustrating, but can be really interesting and suspenseful. Battle.Net is just AMAZING, Blizzard entertainment has never fails to amaze me when it comes to online multiplayer action. Though the community who plays the amazing Battle.Net has failed to amaze me. Such heartless people out there.

So overall, I'll give this game, a amazing score of 8 out of 10. Good job Blizzard Entertainment, I am really proud of your work once again. Keep it up!

Pros
- Great Gameplay
- Great Graphics
- AMAZING sounds
- Good plot and story
- Terrific Battle.Net online multiplayer
- More units and structures than the previous game

Cons
- Frustrating plot
- Horrible community
- Single player can be dull fast.

So thats my review. The game is 20 dollars in the US, and I recommend this game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 03/02/09

Game Release: Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (US, 07/01/03)