"The best baseball game out"

This is a baseball game without the excess stuff you see in other games. It is a simulator. You don't get to play the games, which stops the stats of your players from depending on your ability to play the game.

Gameplay - 10 out of 10
This is a 100% playable simulation of baseball. You start out in any year between 1900 and 2003. Then you choose a team and try to turn that team into a dynasty. It is harder than before to build a stadium. You could easily run through 10-20 seasons in 1 night. I personally sim it 1 day at a time and it always seems like I end up winning. There are some who might not dominate. The stats are very detailed and include everything you'd normally get in a simulation. There are also box scores and play-by-plays. The replacement for the play game mode is the Play by Play mode which is just like a web cast.

Roster Creation tools - 10 out of 10

This game features some great roster tools that allow you to create extra files. For example, I'm creating an 1800s All Stars roster file at the time I'm writing this. The players have career stats, predicted stats, peaks as well as current and previous year stats. There is even a clear the year by year stats option.

Replay Value - 10 out of 10

You have 104 different seasons to start in plus all of the created roster files. It takes me a few weeks to play a single season, meaning that you could spend a year or 2 on this game before finishing all of the seasons and then there are all of the online leagues.

Online Leagues - 10 out of 10

This game features all of the new online leagues. Anyone who wants to play in an online league will find plenty of online leagues that have a variety of rules. I even plan to run a few online leagues myself and join a few others.

Should you buy this game or rent this game - Buy it

I believe that you should buy this game if you are a fan of baseball and stats. This game does the simulations correctly and features too much replay value. You should buy this game before you buy some game with no replay value. This game's price was $20 when it came out and you might be able to find it for less now.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 03/06/04