How do I get past the necro campaign?

1. i wish i could switch the game from normal to easy difficulty. I have a necro army with of 1.4k in skeletons but instead of being able to plow through the hard enemies they just keep getting harder. What am I supposed to do? i can't fight anyone without losing my entire effing army, why is that?

User Info: destroyah22

destroyah22 - 5 years ago

1. Few things I've learned after playing through the first 3 stages of necro campaign are:
    1. the combination of stoneskin+regen made my game fairly more manageable
    2. one of the tire 3 buildings for necro is the option of buy back the ALL troops that you have lost during a battle (albeit at a higher cost)
    3. use the necromancy skill, it can even revive a stack that got eliminated
    4. I found lich to be more effective since there is no range penalty on their range att
    5. earth elemental is awesome for stopping those annoying range attackers by summoning right in front of their face

User Info: svaphotog

svaphotog - 5 years ago 1 0

1. Remember that while you are building up troops, so are your enemies. Enemy armies led by heroes will also gain the benefits of that hero, who may also be gaining levels as you're gaining levels (or building that army of skeletons).

1.4k skeletons may have the potential to do a significant amount of damage, each skeleton has fairly low HP and defense defense, so as soon as they start getting hit, they are going to lose power quickly.

User Info: lordcthulu

lordcthulu - 5 years ago 1 0
  2. There are several ways to avoid losing your army. My main focus is not to attempt to not lose any troops before I get the ability to revive fallen troops when playing necro. Tried the first tactic on Normal but never tried tactic 2 with the elemental on Normal or hard difficult btw.

So my main tactics is either to use the ability reinforcement the first thing I do on my main close combat stack to give them a small group of temporarily troops that they can lose before they actually start losing real troops. This also gives their first attack at least an additional punch with these temporal troops if they can attack directly. Once this is is done I normally orders them forward to take the first punch from the enemy and get in a retaliation while sparing my other troops from this.

The second way is something I worked out for sieges but also works in normal combat(Only tried on easy) and is also simple, buy the ability to summon some kind of elemental...I prefer the earth elemental and place em just next to the enemy troops as the battle starts. This tactics usually manages to divert their attention to this elemental and spares these initial attacks that would otherwise have landed on your troops.

Hope either of these works for you.

User Info: Denethor0

Denethor0 - 5 years ago 1 0