Why does this game crash my computer?

1. When I play this game, it crashes my computer. I only play the classic version, as I have not purchased the full yet. It happens about 10 minutes after I start a game. Whether it be single or multi-player. Even if I have left the site, my computer gets a blue screen saying it is dumping memory to disk and then it restarts.
    Nothing is wrong with the computer no files are missing.
    What's going on?

User Info: Attacknun

Attacknun - 6 years ago
    I should have posted my computer specs, sorry.
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz
    4.0GB RAM
    Video Card: GeForce GTX 260M

User Info: Attacknun

Attacknun - 6 years ago
    I'm running windows 7. So that may be why the classic version wont work.
    I'm pretty sure that my RAM isn't the problem. Nor the fact I have to many processes running. I'm able to play Civ 5 on this computer and it is one of the biggest RAM horders I've ever seen.

User Info: Attacknun

Attacknun - 6 years ago
    I went to minecraft today just see what would happen. Something odd happened. As SOON as I click led on the link to a server (in the classic version) it crashed my computer. It is ONLY on this game it happens. NOWHERE else does this happen. I didn't even load the game and it crashed. Kind of odd.

User Info: Attacknun

Attacknun - 6 years ago

1. This is most probably an issue with your RAM. Both versions of Minecraft take large amounts of RAM memory, I have 2.5 GB of RAM and can barly scrape by half the time now that I have massive buildings in my world.

User Info: DuneManta

DuneManta - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Ctrl+Alt+Del and check what your processes are running. Close any that you dont need.
    Other Than that your pc might be infected or just try cleaning it.
    with your specs it should workfine though!
    hope this helps..

-KS-

User Info: kasatonov

kasatonov - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. This could also be that because the world's are so huge your computer cannot handle it. Though seeing your specs that should not be a problem. Try limiting the framerate through options or turn down the graphics from fancy to fast. These could all boost performance.

User Info: Adman12

Adman12 - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. It may be that the "classic" version is old and may still have bugs causing the problem as development work is focused on the "Alpha" version. But I doubt that is the case.

User Info: musickid43

musickid43 - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. This could be caused by the program trying to write/read bad sectors in your ram. What OS are you running? I have seen something like this happen due to a ram stick having some bad blocks. You most likely not see this with other games/programs due to the fact that Minecraft is a ram hog.. it will use as much ram as it can.

You might try runing a memory test on your pc.

User Info: Kilsonx

Kilsonx - 6 years ago 0 0
  5. My computer specs are about the same, on a HP probook, and I don't see a problem with minecraft.
    First off, check the health of your PC, and consider any software or hardware that may be contributing to the problem.

Secondly, upgrade Flash, Java, and such in the case that your playing on a outdated Java.

Thirdly, because your playing it on Classic, which is a web browser version, it's reliance on Java is greater, and your hardware has less impact on it if your internet is bad or slow. The paid alpha client that you download won't lag with that hardware, so you have to consider your browser's faults.

In your case, it looks like the blue screen of death occured, or something in that line. When you get that, your hardware is faulty to some extent, or you messed up your computer from doing something.
    Note that people get this BSoD more often are "power" users who doesn't know how to maintain their computers (downloading stuff, browsing stuff, installing stuff).

User Info: dra6o0n

dra6o0n - 6 years ago 0 0
  6. There is a chance that you have nothing wrong with your computer, if that is the case then it could be just a bug (as it IS still in Alpha and not yet complete)

User Info: JustJackie

JustJackie - 6 years ago 0 0