Question from Angus3rdPounder

If I buy Minecraft can I play it on more than one computer?

Well?

usernamej13 answered:

Yes, when you buy the game you are entitled to unlimited downloads. Simply go to the new computer, sign in to minecraft.net and you may re-download from there. However, any saves you had on the original computer will not carry over. To do that you'll have to locate the save files and copy them to a thumb drive or something to be transferred. There are plenty of videos on YouTube about finding the save files.
2 0

Answers

Estebahn answered:

Also of note, you can run it from any computer by simply logging in to minecraft.net and playing in browser.

About save files: I don't know about your file system, but I'm running Windows 7 and my saves are located at "C:\Users\*user-name*\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves"
0 0

Khiash answered:

You can play it on as many computers as you want. You're only allowed playing on the same account on one computer at the same time, however
0 0