If I buy Minecraft can I play it on more than one computer?

1. Well?

User Info: Angus3rdPounder

Angus3rdPounder - 6 years ago

1. Yes, when you buy the game you are entitled to unlimited downloads. Simply go to the new computer, sign in to minecraft.net and you may re-download from there. However, any saves you had on the original computer will not carry over. To do that you'll have to locate the save files and copy them to a thumb drive or something to be transferred. There are plenty of videos on YouTube about finding the save files.

User Info: usernamej13

usernamej13 - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Also of note, you can run it from any computer by simply logging in to minecraft.net and playing in browser.

About save files: I don't know about your file system, but I'm running Windows 7 and my saves are located at "C:\Users\*user-name*\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\saves"

User Info: Estebahn

Estebahn - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. You can play it on as many computers as you want. You're only allowed playing on the same account on one computer at the same time, however

User Info: Khiash

Khiash - 5 years ago 0 0