Question from i_am_unforgiven

My minecraft stops reponding after 15 minutes?

i got a new computer for christmas, it runs with windows 7 and is designed to run high load games like minecraft. but when i play it, the game works well for about 15 minutes and the stops responding; forcing me to close the program. when i right click the program is has an option called "compatibility options." when i tried that it said that minecraft was an imcompatible program and asks me what version of windows it last ran on. i answer windows vista because my last computer ran vista and was just a regular computer but runs it fine "with the exception of some framerate issues." So what am i to do to make it run on my new computer?

From: TStodden 4 years ago

Once you get Minecraft up & running, you'll probably want to modify the graphical settings within the options.

1) Change the graphics from "Fancy" to "Fast" -- the graphical quality will take a small hit, but it reduces the processor load.

2) Change the rendering distance or "Fog" -- The small the rendering distance, the less the processor load as well. Hitting F in-game is the quick shortcut.

If your computer has a Windows Experience Index of 3.5, a normal rendering distance with fast graphics would work well.

Press f for fog it makes the frame-rate faster and might help

I know someone who uses a windows 7 and blacks out many times in-game. I guess it's only natural that your computer shows it as not responding. Run it on XP, because I'm using XP and have less errors than him.

I know I already added a post in another topic, but I have an laptop running XP, and I upgraded it over the years, and when I first got minecraft a week ago I never had issues and now it keeps crashing in 15 min intervals. Everything is upgraded and the graphics is on fast and I also have fog on heavy so a short rendering distance is set up but it still keeps crashing. I hope it is a bug in the program and will be rectified in time.

If it's a multi-core processor, I've found that it crashes quite frequently. Open up your task manager, right click Minecraft. Go to Process. Right click the process, change the affinity to where only one processor is checked.