Can I load a mine file save through Minecraft beta?

1. I created some buildings when I played Minecraft for free on his site and was wondering if I can transfer those saves to Minecraft Beta, is there any way of doing this or are my creations lost forever =(

User Info: RedHoundXIII

RedHoundXIII - 5 years ago

1. YES, you can....obviously these guys haven't googled around enough. Just google for a converter...it should convert the .mine file to the old minecraft beta mapfile...and then when you launch minecraft, you can convert to the newest format.

User Info: smestad1

smestad1 - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Unfortunately, the .mine save file format for Minecraft Classic is not supported by Beta. Your creations, however, are NOT lost forever, for you can still play Minecraft Classic on a web browser even if you are a premium member. You also might want to back up all of your creations onto your hard drive; you never know when a conversion tool could be released :D

User Info: TomTomDWP

TomTomDWP - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. A bit late, I know. but you can use MCEdit and import the .mine as a schematic and it will place the .mine world into the new one.

User Info: Knoxontholos

Knoxontholos - 5 years ago 1 0