Question from gunslinger95

Is there an effective way to find your house if it is very far from the spawn point?

I've made a place far from my starting spawn point,and I dont exactly know which way to go 'cuz I found it when I was lost. I've already tried using huge towers with lighted tops,but I cant see it at all. Please help me quick!

Xorph64 answered:

Now that they've released the 1.4 update, if you place a bed in your house (3 wool on top of 3 planks) and sleep in it during nighttime, it will change your spawn point to the bed.
1 0

Answers

StolenApples answered:

find out what direction your compass points when you're between your house and your spawn, change your spawn with MC Edit, or place torches to your house.
1 0

Ishkabbiles answered:

I have always built a path to my home from spawn, I recommend you try that. Otherwise maybe a path of torches in a line towards your home, that has always worked for me as well.
1 0

_SilverShot_ answered:

One thing I do a lot is to build an extremely tall, very visible tower in the proximity of your house. A lot of time I'll put red wool on top of and/or torches to make it really stand out. That way, if you're within viewing distance, you can see it.

This obviously doesn't work if you're traveling a long distance from your house, so you can also make smaller towers that lead the way. Ultimately, there is no game mechanic other than compasses that can be used to let you easily navigate to any arbitrary place in your world, so you have to get creative. :)
1 0

Antbuster7 answered:

A good way to start is to have a compass.Second, start using the compass to locate your spawn and build like 2x2x8 towers along the way to your spawn point (put any light emmiting object on the towers) and then you should be good.
1 0