Will a wolf spawn in a world created before the update?

1. I ask because I already have made great progress in one level, even obtaining diamonds, albeit a rather small amount... anyway, I was wondering if I'd have to start a new world or not.

User Info: Mariofan4ever

Mariofan4ever - 5 years ago

1. Short awnswer, yes.

User Info: DuneManta

DuneManta - 5 years ago 3 0

Answers

1. I don't see why not. With ores, they'd actually have to change blocks if you wanted have them in previously created chunks. They're just adding a spawn code, so I pretty sure they will. Also, since the squid did, the wolf should too.

User Info: StolenApples

StolenApples - 5 years ago 2 0
  2. Yes they will spawn, regardless if its an old map or new. I saw one on an old map of mine the day of the update, and the map was created a week before the update was put into place.

User Info: jtarndts90

jtarndts90 - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. As with any other new content so long as you update your folders of the game then things will spawn. Items like creatures will spawn following their programmed rules while certain blocks (should it be decided that this game needs MORE blocks) would more likely only spawn in new chunks. Chunks being randomly generated areas with a given size and set blocks. You would have to explore to new areas if there was a block you wanted that came from an update as your current chunks wouldn't have it.

User Info: omegafoxlord

omegafoxlord - 5 years ago 0 0
  4. If you have a map that predates biomes, that could present problems since wolves only spawn in forest and taiga biomes. Even then though you can probably travel far enough to make it generate a new biome. I couldn't say how accurate anything I just said is though.

Anything created since biomes were introduced is definitely fine.

User Info: kevwaffles

kevwaffles - 5 years ago 0 0