Question from Mariofan4ever

Will a wolf spawn in a world created before the update?

I ask because I already have made great progress in one level, even obtaining diamonds, albeit a rather small amount... anyway, I was wondering if I'd have to start a new world or not.

DuneManta answered:

Short awnswer, yes.
3 0

Answers

StolenApples answered:

I don't see why not. With ores, they'd actually have to change blocks if you wanted have them in previously created chunks. They're just adding a spawn code, so I pretty sure they will. Also, since the squid did, the wolf should too.
2 0

jtarndts90 answered:

Yes they will spawn, regardless if its an old map or new. I saw one on an old map of mine the day of the update, and the map was created a week before the update was put into place.
0 0

omegafoxlord answered:

As with any other new content so long as you update your folders of the game then things will spawn. Items like creatures will spawn following their programmed rules while certain blocks (should it be decided that this game needs MORE blocks) would more likely only spawn in new chunks. Chunks being randomly generated areas with a given size and set blocks. You would have to explore to new areas if there was a block you wanted that came from an update as your current chunks wouldn't have it.
0 0

kevwaffles answered:

If you have a map that predates biomes, that could present problems since wolves only spawn in forest and taiga biomes. Even then though you can probably travel far enough to make it generate a new biome. I couldn't say how accurate anything I just said is though.

Anything created since biomes were introduced is definitely fine.
0 0

Will dungeons spawn in a world already created world before the update on beta 1.5_01? Answered ScottyboyJB
Bed/spawn help? Answered Chuchkill27
Creating a spawn? Answered lulcat
How can u tame a wolf/ have one as a pet ? Answered calypso1584
Taming Wolf? Answered thepretender5