Question from DarkFire12321

Im stuck, just don't know what to do, help?

Well when ever i start a new world i cut down my trees, make my pickaxes/hatchets/shovels and dig a little hole somewhere which i use as a shelter. I get coal and make torches and all that. but after this i just don't know what to do. Can anyone tell me what to do? Give me an objective? thanks.

DarkFire12321 provided additional details:

Also, whats a good way to get string? Is it only a drop from monsters?

Okay, thanks guys you've been a great help!

George1029 answered:

Objectives can be based upon what your view of a sandbox game should be. You creative? Try building something cool to live in or some kind of structure. Intelegent with circuitry? Try using redstone circuits to make machines and mob traps. Like adventure? Try getting weapons and armor to explore caves and discover diamond! Sandbox games can be whatever you want them to be. I future update for Beta 1.4 SHOULD add an achievment system acording to the creator, so you could also wait for that.
2 0

DuneManta answered:

To awnswer your second question, string is only obtainable through killing spiders or found in dungeons. To awnswer the first, there is no "objective" in Minecraft. After you make a basic shelter and have a sustainable environment (replanting trees) you should start digging large mines or exploring natural caves for the more valuable resources. As well as you should be just building whatever you want. A massive castle, floating palace, a city, tall towers, just build whatever suits your fancy. Explore the world, dig up caves, do whatever.
0 0

The End issue, stuck? Open purrfectwerecat
Cant download Steve skin on Unanswered Reaperharvest64
Where is the best place to advertise a new survival server? Unanswered Bonnydust
Why won't my mods show up? Unanswered Fissh
How to open chests in claimed land? Unanswered SSBer