Question from kiante9

Can I build a canal?

Is there an effective way to build a canal in this game? I've tried. I want to connect two large bodies of water (one is a sea, I guess, the other is the ocean I think), but whenever I try, the water keeps flowing, usually towards the middle of the canal, so I can't sail (or effectively swim) across it. Is there any way around this problem?

Okay, while I don't totally understand why, that did work. So thanks!

From: ShootinPutin109 3 years ago

Water can be either a "Source" block or "Flow" block. What you would want is to make every block of water in your canal a "Source" block for a nice and smooth canal.

To do this, make a checkerboard pattern along the path of your canal. Place a flat layer of dirt along the path of the canal and dig holes to where you would place the water with a bucket.

@O@O@O@O@O@O@
O@O@O@O@O@O@O
@O@O@O@O@O@O@

@ = Dirt
O = Water Source

After finishing the pattern, you can start removing all the dirt blocks one by one, The empty spaces would be filled up and become source blocks themselves. You should now end up with a smooth canal.