Multiplayer server issues?

1. I made a multi player server and on my computer when i type local host, it works fine. But last night i got on the server and told my friend to type in my ip address (btw, i know he typed it in right and that it really is my ip), and it wouldnt work for him. He said that it said it was loading or something, but when he goes on different miltiplayer servers, it is pretty much instant. Ty for help!!

User Info: frogger321123

frogger321123 - 5 years ago
    Which method did you make the server by, the one were you just portforward, or the one you do with Hamachi?

User Info: somrandomguy86

somrandomguy86 - 5 years ago
    I just made the server by how minecraft wiki said to, i have not done portforwarding and i have no idea how to, also is there and way to do it other that portforward, cuz the website is to complicated i dont get it.

User Info: frogger321123

frogger321123 - 5 years ago
    Also, is there any other way other than portforwarding in general, that would be nice to know. Ty for the help.

User Info: frogger321123

frogger321123 - 5 years ago

1. Have you unblocked the necessary ports for him to connect to your server? If you're unsure how to do this, go to www.portforward.com and look up your modem/routers model, and then look at the Minecraft Server tutorial.

User Info: Awesomeist

Awesomeist - 5 years ago 0 0

1. Likely you have given him the wrong IP. I don't have a server of my own, but I do know that your server IP is not the same as your computer/local IP address for the server. Try one of the other presented IP addresses to see if those work.

User Info: DuneManta

DuneManta - 5 years ago 0 0