Question from kiante9

My house is invaded?

Every so often, I come home to find my house filled with animals. I don't understand why this happens, and I need to prevent it, as they open my doors by pressing the pressure plate, which can cause obvious problems. Why does this happen and what can I do to prevent it?

kiante9 provided additional details:

Okay, thanks everyone. I'm working on replacing it (using wool actually, checkered black and white) and it seems to be helping. Thanks!

Awesomeist answered:

This most likely happens because the floor in your house is made of mud or grass. Strangely, even if there is no way in to the building, animals will spawn in your house so long as the floor is made from mud or grass. Best way to fix this? Make EVERYTHING in your house out of wood, bricks, stone, etc. Walls, floor and roof.
0 0

Answers

Antbuster7 answered:

Animals spawn in areas that have light and grass so it's best to take out the grass dirt for your floor and either replace that layer or place the dirt back and you will be good.
0 0

Tertle12 answered:

Short and simple answer: Your floor is made out of grass and animals spawn on grass change floor. (Oh and if you dont play on peacful i reckon you make a lever or switch Im pretty sure a lever is 0
l
l
0=stone (not cobblestone) l=stick

And a button is 0
0
Once again 0=stone
0 0

Tertle12 answered:

Oops its the same as last time i forgot to space the top ones
0
l
l

0
0
0 0