Why wont these monsters let me sleep?

1. No matter what I do these freaking monsters keep spawning by my bed when I sleep. I'm pretty sure I've already satisfied the requirements for a safe bed but this still keeps happening.

1. My bed is in an enclosed house.
    2. None of the walls in my house are made of dirt.
    3. My house is lit by torches in every conceivable spot.
    4. My bed is not touching any walls.
    5. To my knowledge my house isn't near any dungeons.

I've got 2 block thick glass windows in my house but I don't see how that could cause any problems.

User Info: EtherealJester

EtherealJester - 5 years ago
    My house is not all that big though. It couldn't have a width of anything more then 10 blocks from wall to wall on either side.

User Info: EtherealJester

EtherealJester - 5 years ago
    How high is your ceiling?

User Info: magic_sword1

magic_sword1 - 5 years ago

1. Maybe the monsters act like Freddy Krueger now and haunt your dreams. So, don't sleep. Shoot some adrenaline in your eye.

User Info: HighFiveGhost

HighFiveGhost - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Mobs (Monsters) should only be able to spawn 24 blocks from your location. The torches aren't helping you; the Mobs do spawn in light. So try making a smaller enclosure and reduce your lighting and see if that helps. Also you can't enter bed from the foot, only the sides.

User Info: crowikia

crowikia - 5 years ago 0 2
  2. This is a known bug in the current version of minecraft, current workaround is placing your bed five or more spaces away from the walls.

User Info: DemonicAnahka

DemonicAnahka - 5 years ago 1 0
  3. From what I've heard, the 1.5_01 patch made it so that monsters can pass through doors when you are sleeping -- this was an unintended side-effect of letting wolves move through doors. I haven't run into this problem myself, but you could try blocking off your door with dirt before you go to sleep and see if that fixes it for you.

User Info: benjaminkc

benjaminkc (Expert) - 5 years ago 0 1
  4. This is a widely known bug, while looking at the bugs section earlier today in the wiki it seems that it has to do with bed placement and facing, and there is a rumor of mobs being able to trespass walls that are 1 block thick during your sleep. You can check the wiki.

User Info: RDRplayer

RDRplayer - 5 years ago 0 0
  5. Make an entire room for a bedroom.

User Info: metaridely

metaridely - 5 years ago 0 0