Question from The_Viewtiful_1

Why are enemies spawning in my house?

Whenever I try to sleep in the bed at my house an enemy (usually skeleton archer) spawns and attacks me. My house is an 8x10 room made of stone with a wooden slab floor. I have 3 torches on each wall and even put some on the floor in case it was too dark.. there are no holes in my house except for two 2x2 windows and a double front door and the ceiling is intact. any suggestions?

The_Viewtiful_1 provided additional details:

Yeah my windows are a 2x2 hole in the wall, each block has glass in it. Like I said my room is 10 blocks wide and 8 deep and its 3 high. I didn't have this problem before when it was smaller. There is a VERY small mine beneath it but it's blocked off completely and even well lit down there with torches. I've placed over 30 torches in my room and they're still spawning. Glitch?

GameGuru_96 answered:

Is your bed next to a wall? There's a glitch where the monsters can spawn in if your bed is against a one-block thick wall. If so, move your bed away from any walls,windows or doors and the monsters shouldn't be able to get in. If that fails, try building an upstairs and putting the bed up there, as monsters seem unable to spawn on high elevations.

I hope this helped you out! :)
4 0

Answers

DuneManta answered:

If your windows aren't covered by glass, they can get in that way. It even may still be too dark. Without seeing your house in person I can't tell for sure what's wrong.
1 0

somrandomguy86 answered:

If the windows aren't filled with glass, that may be the problem. Either that or your room is not big enough
0 0

Kirne answered:

The problem is the double door. I dunno why, but double doors does not stop monsters from spawning.
1 3

xshdwknightx answered:

GameGuru_96 has the correct answer.
0 0

BK20I answered:

You can try moving your bed to see if it makes it better. I had my bed near the wall, but not touching and it spawned monsters. As soon as I moved it a bit farther, I stopped getting monsters inside.
0 0