Question from sora123455

How do I stop enemies from spawning in my closed, well lit base?

Whenever I die or I sleep, I wake up or spawn in my base with an infestation of 5 to 6 spiders. How do I stop this? My base is well lit, and there aren't any openings except a door.

Nintendude128 asked for clarification:

Does it have an open ceiling? If it's only spiders, they may be climbing the walls.

DL_C answered:

To further clarify Donai11's answer, to prevent mobs from spawning on you when you attempt to sleep, you have to make sure that a full 2 block radius from the bed is clear of spawn chance; putting the bed against a wall only works if the wall is 2 blocks thick, typically. PitA, I know, but better to have a bed in the middle of a well-lit, roofed room, than against a wall where mobs can spawn on you.
2 0

Answers

Avvesome_Sauce answered:

Try moving the location of your house or double wall it. Check also if behind/below your bed there are any openings.
0 0

pstwoorbust answered:

Did you happen to build your house around a metal cage like box that you found (spider dungeon spawner)? lol; although I doubt it, if that is the case you should either destroy it or move your house.
0 0

xana117 answered:

This only means one thing:
Spider Players.
GRAB YO' STUFF
BLOW UP YO' HOUSE.
FO'GET YO DOGS, RUN AWAY!
0 5

donai11 answered:

(( -walls
xx - space
&& - bed
There has to be space between the wall and the bed in all directions. Hope this helps
((((((((((((((((((((
(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(
( && (
(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(
(((((((((((((((((((((((
1 0

warrawed answered:

move your bed Upstairs.:)
0 0

warrawed answered:

anD is there mossy coble stone on the floor if there is put it on peaceful and raid the chests and break the sparkly block in the middle fill up the hole and u will be ok.
0 1

sspandiri answered:

Monsters can spawn on dirt. Is there dirt in your house?
0 1