How do I stop enemies from spawning in my closed, well lit base?

1. Whenever I die or I sleep, I wake up or spawn in my base with an infestation of 5 to 6 spiders. How do I stop this? My base is well lit, and there aren't any openings except a door.

User Info: sora123455

sora123455 - 5 years ago
    Does it have an open ceiling? If it's only spiders, they may be climbing the walls.

User Info: Nintendude128

Nintendude128 - 5 years ago

1. To further clarify Donai11's answer, to prevent mobs from spawning on you when you attempt to sleep, you have to make sure that a full 2 block radius from the bed is clear of spawn chance; putting the bed against a wall only works if the wall is 2 blocks thick, typically. PitA, I know, but better to have a bed in the middle of a well-lit, roofed room, than against a wall where mobs can spawn on you.

User Info: DL_C

DL_C - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Try moving the location of your house or double wall it. Check also if behind/below your bed there are any openings.

User Info: Avvesome_Sauce

Avvesome_Sauce - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. Did you happen to build your house around a metal cage like box that you found (spider dungeon spawner)? lol; although I doubt it, if that is the case you should either destroy it or move your house.

User Info: pstwoorbust

pstwoorbust - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. This only means one thing:
    Spider Players.
    GRAB YO' STUFF
    BLOW UP YO' HOUSE.
    FO'GET YO DOGS, RUN AWAY!

User Info: xana117

xana117 - 5 years ago 0 5
  4. (( -walls
    xx - space
    && - bed
    There has to be space between the wall and the bed in all directions. Hope this helps
    ((((((((((((((((((((
    (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(
    ( && (
    (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(
    (((((((((((((((((((((((

User Info: donai11

donai11 - 5 years ago 1 0
  5. move your bed Upstairs.:)

User Info: warrawed

warrawed - 5 years ago 0 0
  6. anD is there mossy coble stone on the floor if there is put it on peaceful and raid the chests and break the sparkly block in the middle fill up the hole and u will be ok.

User Info: warrawed

warrawed - 5 years ago 0 1
  7. Monsters can spawn on dirt. Is there dirt in your house?

User Info: sspandiri

sspandiri - 5 years ago 0 1