Question from Blackjack501

Minecraft won't open after installing mods?

I used Modcraft to install the Aether mod, Optifog/mine, and the mods they require to run. My minecraft.jar disappeared from my desktop, and the one in my .bin folder won't open. I already know how to restore the .jar to it's original state, but I want to play my mods. Help?

Fondant answered:

There might be 1 of 3 problems with your .jar:
1) you might still have the META-INF as stated by Brutalacerate
2) you may not have all required mods
3) you could have conflicting mods
As far as the disappearing file I don't know what to say
1 0

Answers

xXKibyhzzXx answered:

That happened to Meh But I Found Out that There is Something In The Minecraft.Jar That Is Preventing it to Work,Search Your Folders in the "minecraft" Folder Check there and look around anything not supposed to be there take out :P
0 0

Brutalacerate answered:

This is really dependent on the mod/s you're using; some conflict with each other.

Be sure to delete the META-INF folder from your Minecraft.jar otherwise Mods will not run.
0 0

McCorMikie answered:

Another problem you could be having is using an outdated version of the mod or the minecraft.jar.
This happened to me. You cannot use mods that were for example: version 1.7 on a 1.8 jar.
Hope this helps
0 0

go525 answered:

DELETE META-INF IN MINECRAFT .JAR IT MAY NOT SAY JAR PRESS START AN SEARCH %appdata% AND FIND ROAMING GOTO BIN AND FIND META-INF AND DELETE IT
0 0

youbooyouboo answered:

Meta-inf needs to be deleted, and readme's must also be taken out.
0 0