Why is it so laggy and slow?

1. at first i was able to play for a couple of months without problems but now its sooo laggy its unplayable and then it crashes.. I bought the game and now its telling me it is an unlicensed copy did i waste 21 dollars?

User Info: pooperscoopa

pooperscoopa - 5 years ago
    Im pretty sure its not a virus cause ive learned from those in the past so i killed my computer with antivirus software and all the scans say my pc is clean.

User Info: pooperscoopa

pooperscoopa - 5 years ago

1. Here is what i would do; change your performance to 'Max FPS', flip your open GL to 'on', change your render distance to 'short' when in jungles, normal at all other times, play on peaceful, move slower, and make SURE EVERYTHING EXEPT Minecraft is closed

User Info: DragonCat1

DragonCat1 - 3 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. I haven't played Minecraft yet,but I believe you have a virus on your computer! Its the first thing that popped into my head AND is the most probable.

User Info: SoraFan4170

SoraFan4170 - 5 years ago 1 3
  2. You most likely need a new update (for minecraft) if you don't have the newest one. If it's already the most up to date version of minecraft, I have no idea. It may also be because your computer is having trouble.

User Info: Pacman155

Pacman155 - 5 years ago 0 2
  3. Dude, it might just be your computer or Java. Here's some things to check:

1. Update Java. Always helps with games like Minecraft.

2. Update/Clean your computer. Unwanted/unused files can take up space in your computer and slow down Minecraft.

3. Get a new computer. If your computer is now used for things like school, work, etc., then it's probably other projects in there that you might have typed/done on a computer, or it's not capable of running computer games.

4. Viruses. If your comp has been bombarded with viruses in the past, then it's most likely the reason you Minecraft version is so laggy.

User Info: MrLegoMan30

MrLegoMan30 - 5 years ago 1 1
  4. Well your computer might be getting messed up. Or since Minecraft saves so often your save could just hold too much information for your computer to hold. Sorry to say this but you might need to start a new world.

User Info: funguy246

funguy246 - 5 years ago 0 2
  5. Have u got the 64-bit java? have you tried turning your render distance to something lower than far, turn bobbing off, or turning graphics to fast than fancy? If this dosent work it's your computer

User Info: Skyrim1012

Skyrim1012 - 4 years ago 0 2
  6. Um.. Is your minecraft old? Try updating it. Are you bulding to fast on creative? Do you have a lot of stuff? Is there a lot of pistons moving things? Do you have a bunch of people on your server?

If any of these things are true I think you know what to do. Like say you have a lot of pistons moving. To much movement can cause lagg it hapend to me with my roler coster. I had TNT at the end but there was too much movement.

User Info: Magicwolf2

Magicwolf2 - 3 years ago 0 0
  7. 21 dollars?
    a minecraft account Minecraft is bought from Minecraft.net for $24.95, unless you bought it earlier on, you have an illegal version
    But assuming you bought it from Minecraft.net, the account is still fine and the problem is with your computer
    So if you have a legal version, you should be able to play minecraft on almost ANY computer
    if it is a legal version, and it is the same on any computer, then I cannot help you

User Info: DragonCat1

DragonCat1 - 3 years ago 0 0
  8. Theres a few ways. One is click on the start menu, right-click computer, click properties, and it will open up your computer specs. If your GB of RAM is pretty low, consider upgrading to a new computer.

But if your computer specs are pretty good, with a high GB of RAM, try updating your Java. It helps with games like Minecraft

User Info: GammonBlaze

GammonBlaze - 2 years ago 0 0