Question from pooperscoopa

Why is it so laggy and slow?

at first i was able to play for a couple of months without problems but now its sooo laggy its unplayable and then it crashes.. I bought the game and now its telling me it is an unlicensed copy did i waste 21 dollars?

pooperscoopa provided additional details:

Im pretty sure its not a virus cause ive learned from those in the past so i killed my computer with antivirus software and all the scans say my pc is clean.

Answers

SoraFan4170 answered:

I haven't played Minecraft yet,but I believe you have a virus on your computer! Its the first thing that popped into my head AND is the most probable.
1 3

Pacman155 answered:

You most likely need a new update (for minecraft) if you don't have the newest one. If it's already the most up to date version of minecraft, I have no idea. It may also be because your computer is having trouble.
0 2

MrLegoMan30 answered:

Dude, it might just be your computer or Java. Here's some things to check:

1. Update Java. Always helps with games like Minecraft.

2. Update/Clean your computer. Unwanted/unused files can take up space in your computer and slow down Minecraft.

3. Get a new computer. If your computer is now used for things like school, work, etc., then it's probably other projects in there that you might have typed/done on a computer, or it's not capable of running computer games.

4. Viruses. If your comp has been bombarded with viruses in the past, then it's most likely the reason you Minecraft version is so laggy.
1 1

funguy246 answered:

Well your computer might be getting messed up. Or since Minecraft saves so often your save could just hold too much information for your computer to hold. Sorry to say this but you might need to start a new world.
0 2

Skyrim1012 answered:

Have u got the 64-bit java? have you tried turning your render distance to something lower than far, turn bobbing off, or turning graphics to fast than fancy? If this dosent work it's your computer
0 2

DragonCat1 answered:

Here is what i would do; change your performance to 'Max FPS', flip your open GL to 'on', change your render distance to 'short' when in jungles, normal at all other times, play on peaceful, move slower, and make SURE EVERYTHING EXEPT Minecraft is closed
1 0

Magicwolf2 answered:

Um.. Is your minecraft old? Try updating it. Are you bulding to fast on creative? Do you have a lot of stuff? Is there a lot of pistons moving things? Do you have a bunch of people on your server?

If any of these things are true I think you know what to do. Like say you have a lot of pistons moving. To much movement can cause lagg it hapend to me with my roler coster. I had TNT at the end but there was too much movement.
0 0

DragonCat1 answered:

21 dollars?
a minecraft account Minecraft is bought from Minecraft.net for $24.95, unless you bought it earlier on, you have an illegal version
But assuming you bought it from Minecraft.net, the account is still fine and the problem is with your computer
So if you have a legal version, you should be able to play minecraft on almost ANY computer
if it is a legal version, and it is the same on any computer, then I cannot help you
0 0

GammonBlaze answered:

Theres a few ways. One is click on the start menu, right-click computer, click properties, and it will open up your computer specs. If your GB of RAM is pretty low, consider upgrading to a new computer.

But if your computer specs are pretty good, with a high GB of RAM, try updating your Java. It helps with games like Minecraft
0 0

Very laggy? Answered gameman1995
Why is my Minecraft so laggy? Answered babyhaomario
How come the game is laggy on my computer? Answered blazeyboy007
Slow ??? Open nosbig201010
Why is my game so slow? Answered everblue2er101