My friend can't join my server?

1. I have a minecraft server that I am hosting on my computer (its a fairly powerful PC) and when my friend tries to join my server it says "connection timed out". Is this just a problem with his internet connection or can my computer not host a server?

User Info: nicknack125

nicknack125 - 5 years ago
    Are you 100% sure he's using the right IP? Did you set everything up correctly?

User Info: magic_sword1

magic_sword1 - 5 years ago
    I am 100% sure he is using the right IP, and yes, I am new to this. I also forgot to say that I joined my server without any problems.

User Info: nicknack125

nicknack125 - 5 years ago

1. It sounds like you may not have set up port forwarding. You must do this in order for his computer to be able to access the server hosted on your computer. See portforward.com for detailed instructions on how to port forward. The process can vary between types of routers, so check out that site for instructions based on your router's specific brand and model.

If you don't want to (or can't) port forward, you can use Hamachi. Both of you would have to have it running, and your friend would connect to a Hamachi network created by you, using the IP listed next to your name in Hamachi. It's free to download at logmein.com.

User Info: Mollieee

Mollieee - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. Have you tried making a server before and know how to do it? Or are you new at this?

User Info: CplBrown

CplBrown - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. Hmmm an error message would help, if it's user not premium then set online mode to false, if not whenever i tried making a server, i found out my internet connection wasn't nearly fast enough (120kb/s on a good day), and unless you're using hamachi, you also need to forward your ports

User Info: Dudemanbro114

Dudemanbro114 - 5 years ago 0 0
  3. There are many problems with setting up servers, I suggest just looking it up on any specific problems like you "connection timed out" problem.

User Info: Greyfox995

Greyfox995 - 4 years ago 0 0
  4. My name is Ben.

User Info: BenGuy89

BenGuy89 - 4 years ago 1 1