Question from MarioMan12598

Monster trap?

I was making a monster trap to make enemies spawn on a floor
and flow into water to make them drown - the problem is, can enemies spawn on land if there is water only one block high? If it's land, enemies DO spawn there, but I know they don't spawn in the ocean. If water is only 1 block high (so they can breath) can they spawn on it?

@GirlWhoGames

Thanks! This helped and the trap worked out Great! It's still in action, but I made a skytrap too that makes them fall and die, but yours worked out great.

From: GirlWhoGames 3 years ago

Well, I can see where you're coming from and it is a smart idea. Though, to what I know, they cannot spawn in water. Though, if you have a spawn area for Mobs, you probably can have a pressure plate which could be inside the spawn point. Say, have the pressure plate near a door and that room is filled with water. You should be able to get the mob to step on the plate, and have the water rush in, drowning them.

It may be worth a shot. Let me know how it works!

They can't spawn on water of any height to my knowledge

You have an amazing idea but what i did was build a cave under my house put a bunch torches so i could see put replaced every thing at the top wirh glass put disspensers all around the edge and the ground i covered with pressure plates went back up and put trap dors down presure plates so they fall in and just waited .