Question from blazeyboy007

How come the game is laggy on my computer?

I've played this game on my cousin's laptop and it ran very smoothly but on my computer (windows XP) it runs a bit slower and skips frames. Any help?

blazeyboy007 provided additional details:

Is there a way to bring it up to par?

pstwoorbust asked for clarification:

Hi, if a game is laggy, one should post their specs with the question. How much ram? What video card?

Also, are your video drivers up to date? Is Java up to date?

pstwoorbust, I'm not completely sure about all of my specifications. I bought my computer two years ago; does that make it up to date? Also I think Java might be old.
MuffinSlayer2 2, I can't get Windows 7 because I don't know how and my parents wouldn't want me to anyway.

benjaminkc: I have tried to get a newer version of Java without success in the past. How do I allocate RAM to Java and what is RAM? What websites have the Optifine mod?

benjaminkc answered:

Heh, OK, longer writeup incoming...

Bah, GameFAQs doesn't allow URLs in the "answers" section. (Both because h t t p is considered a "banned word", and because you can't have a "word of over 80 characters".)

I'll post a longer write-up to the Board section and link you there. At least that way I will only have to mangle one URL instead of several.

Here it is:

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606524-minecraft/60121974
0 0

Answers

MC_BatCommander answered:

Your computer isn't up to par.
0 1

MuffinSlayer2 answered:

Get Windows 7.
0 0

Darkmega1123 answered:

It just your computer. It has trouble running Minecraft because it might not be able to run all of it's data smoothly.
0 1

benjaminkc answered:

Things to try:
1) Make sure you have the latest version of Java.
2) Increase the amount of RAM allocated to Java.
3) Install the Optifine mod (formerly known as Optimine + Optifog). There are a couple of different flavors of this available at any given time, you'll have to try each one out and see what works best for you.

Google should be able to find you a link for each of those things.
1 0

Very laggy? Answered gameman1995
Why is my Minecraft so laggy? Answered babyhaomario
Why is it so laggy and slow? Open pooperscoopa
Why does this game crash my computer? Answered Attacknun
?The computer i'm using won't let me play the game! Answered RedVirus68