Question from Jademan77

Can somebody please help?

Can somebody please explain in a lot of detail how to move a world from one computer to another? I am not a tech savey person.

Thanks a lot!

Jademan77 provided additional details:

Please use simple terms.

Jademan77 provided additional details:

Okay, thanks, can I save the world to my USB and play it from that?

redcrewzr answered:

==This is explained in easy and simple steps any can follow==
1. on the minecraft title screen, click mods and texture packs and click on "open texture packs folder"
2. click the folder that opens up(on the title bar) and press backspace
3. open saves folder
4. copy the folder with the name of the world you want to your usb
5. insert usb and do steps 1 to 3 on the other computer
6. paste the copied folder(world)
0 0

Answers

Kellexx answered:

1. Open Windows Explorer (aka My Computer)

2. Go to C:\Users and select your username

3. Open the AppData folder. If you don't see it there, do the following:
3a. Press alt and go to Tools > Folder Options
3b. Go to view tab and look through the list for "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
3c. Enable the "Show hidden files.." and click OK

4. Open the AppData folder and go to Roaming\.minecraft\saves

There will be one folder for each world you have created. You want to copy the world folder to your other computer. The easiest way to do this is with a USB storage device (jump drive/flash key/whatever).

On the destination PC, do the same steps to get to that Saves folder and paste the world folder there from the USB storage device or whatever you're using to transfer it. If you have another world there with the same name, rename it to something else before pasting.
1 0

frd111 answered:

Go to the start menu and type in %appdata% then hit enter. After that click on the .minecraft folder and after in there click on "saves". You can put them on a USB then transfer the save you want. I hope this help! :)
0 0

Kellexx answered:

You can't play the world from your USB device. You can copy the world to your USB and replace the one on your PC(s) as needed. It cannot be directly loaded off the USB, because the worlds are drawn from that .minecraft/saves folder and that can't be changed.
0 0