Question from killa137

I need to create a new world in order to play with the 1,9 updates?

I have a world that I created in the 1,8 version, now i downloaded the 1,9. I need to create a new world to play with the new mobs, itens, etc?

They'll all be there, but if there are new landscape features, you'll have to go out and generate new chunks

The 1.8 world that you have is rendered in 1.8, but that isn't a problem because there aren't any major render updates in 1.9. If you still have problems, wait to see when the official update is released.

This isn't a big problem unless you travel very far out. For any generated chunks before 1.9 there will be no 1.9 features but any 1.9 or lower versions features. So just travel a little bit far out. There should be a wall of random terrain when the 1.9 features start to generate so watch out for that! Otherwise you won't be able to get 1.9 features. Hope this helped :)