What is the best strategy for achieving/maintaing minecart speed?

1. What is the best way to achieve/maintain terminal velocity in a minecart?
    Right now, I am using a system like this:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e7xhFGt6cE&noredirect=1
    to power my tracks from base to base, but it's not working on the return trip, and I'd like to avoid littering my track with powered rails.
    So... do I just need a few dozen more repeaters, or is there something else I can do?

User Info: Grand_Maester

Grand_Maester - 5 years ago

1. Well, the momentum buildup increases slower over time, so at a point you hit the limit of momentum. The best way, which does include more rails, is to put 3 to start on (Cart starts at full speed) and then follow the following pattern for near max speed trip:
    37 rails, 1 powered, 37 rails, 1 powered...... and you can just use a lever to turn the powered rails on.

Honestly you don't need to litter the track with them unless you are pushing chest minecarts or empty minecrafts, which require a powered rail every 8 blocks for max speed.

You can increase the distance between the powered rails more, but it will slow down more over time.

User Info: pstwoorbust

pstwoorbust - 5 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. I didn't look at your video, but If your heading up hill, add 2 extra powered tracks in the middle if the railway, its all I can give you... Its the best thing to do...

User Info: vladic1212

vladic1212 - 5 years ago 0 0
  2. Every 10 rails add a powered rail and put a redstone torch next to it.

User Info: Nakana7

Nakana7 - 3 years ago 0 0