Question from warrawed

This or terraria ?

I like mc my freind gave me his user name and password i like it but terraria seems cool too i need ur opinion please.

From: benjaminkc 3 years ago

Get both, if that's an option. They're both great games, and quite different.

If for whatever reason you can't get both, the main difference is that Terraria focuses a lot more on the adventure side of things, while Minecraft focuses a lot more on the building side of things. I feel this is still true even after the recent Minecraft update which added a lot more "adventure"-centric features. The fully 3D world of Minecraft and the wide variety of cosmetic blocks allows for a lot more creativity in building, while the 2D platforming nature of Terraria makes for much more gamey combat and exploration.

If money is an issue, you may want to hold of on getting Terraria immediately. It will probably be 25% off during the Steam holiday sale, and further discounnted on whatever day it gets featured. (It was 75% off at one point during the summer sale.)

Personally I like Minecraft more. My reasonings, are since the game is 3D you can build alot of cooler things then in Terraria. Yes I know that Terraria has grappling hooks but what does minecraft have in exchange is hundreds of thousands of mods , redstone circuitry (look up some videos of them they are rediculous (ex Pig slot machine)) and space to build things that basically never ends